Search results

1. Jerry44

Converting small garage to utility room / plumbing

Cool. I will look into that. Would save some work that back wall. Thanks for the tip.
  2. Jerry44

Thanks for the plan James. Your image shows exactly what I'll do, if I have to. I'm just trying to save myself another fun day with the jack hammer and shovel. But as a last resort, that’s what I’ll do. The vent going up the wall turns because we are thinking of putting a window in that bay.
  3. Jerry44

My back did not like the elegant solution – will save that as a final remedy. Just ordered new street san-tees, street 45 and 3” ram bit. I’ll bore out the 45 just to gain the extra inch or so. It’s not a problem if the toilet moves forward a bit as I can build out the wall behind it to whatever...
  4. Jerry44

Brilliant Wayne. Thank you. I think I could manage this if there is enough vertical room (If necessary, I suppose I could raise the floor with some additional concrete or backerboard in just the bathroom area to add a little more height?). The only remaining question I have is with adding the 3”...
  5. Jerry44

Yes, you have it right. That is the direction of the drain. Not looking forward to digging that all out again, but I may end up doing that if necessary. Thanks for the suggestion; seems like it would solve everything. Chalk it up to poor planning and moving ahead too fast.
  6. Jerry44

OK thanks for pointing that out. I'll make that change. As far as the corner sink, I'll think back on your comment when I'm struggling to make the connections and knocking myself in the head for going with a corner sink. It was my wife's idea, but there's still time to argue against it.
  7. Jerry44

OK, this makes sense. Seems I’ve gotten myself into a bind, but I’ll see if there is enough height to make it work. And by separating the washer drain from the sink/shower drain, and setting its inlet lower, this solves the vent problem for the toilet, correct? (the sink/shower drain vents the...
  8. Jerry44

Thanks for that information Wayne. Yes, the WC is directly over the 4” drain that goes out to the septic as you can see in this image. Unfortunately there’s no room for the additional fitting below the current san-tee as it connects directly to that wye + 1/8. I would have to make another cut...
  9. Jerry44

Thanks for the feedback Stuff. I suppose I can add a vent going off the back of the toilet - above the inlet for the sink/washer/shower drain - and run it up the cinder block wall on the left. Does that solve the problem? My image is mislabeled, the “shower vent” is for the dog wash area on the...
  10. Jerry44

Hi there, We are converting a small 1-car garage into a utility room, adding a ½ bath, stacked washer/dryer and “dog shower” along the back wall. Was wondering if any of you could take a look at the plumbing layout and point out any red flags or major problems. Any suggested changes are...