Search results

1. Tie Minnow

Need advice on how to clean water softener that has sat idle for years

I am a little confused yet on using bleach when the salt contains citric acid. How is it safe to dump the bleach in the brine well?
  2. Tie Minnow

Yes sorry, I am on well water. And it's an all in one morton type from menards. Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry but I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to the science of these units. Will the bleach clean the iron bacteria from the resin beads? I have seen some online suggest to do a pause...
  3. Tie Minnow

Hey guys, I could use some advice on how to handle my situation. I installed a water softener in the beginning of 2021, we used it for a couple of months but bypassed cause I started itching every time I took a shower. Turns out it was my soap . Anyway it's been idle ever since early 2021. I...
  4. Tie Minnow

Is Harvey plumbers grease safe for potable water?

I have the the softener bypassed. do you think there is any health concerns with this grease entering my lines?
  5. Tie Minnow

Is Harvey plumbers grease safe for potable water?

Hey guys. I may just be paranoid here but I installed a water softener yesterday and it was leaking at the head of the tank. I took the valve assembly off and noticed a big o ring so I layed a thick amount of Harvey's faucet grease on it. No luck. Took it back apart wiped it all off to inspect...
  6. Tie Minnow

Can I Drain water softener into kitchen sink standpipe?

The instructions from Morton say not to go over 8 feet high from the floor with the drain line. Do you think I am safe going to 10 feet from the floor? Other softeners say 8 feet from the discharge point on the softener.
  7. Tie Minnow

I dont have a sump pit or a washing machine drain nearby. I have the kitchen sink and a dishwasher. The dishwasher is even farther away. Why might it drain too slow where I am planning on draining it? It would be approx. 10 feet above the basement floor.
  8. Tie Minnow

Hi guys. I've searched for days now on the best place to drain my softener. Draining in the basement isn't San option it seems. The best place I've come up with is my kitchen sink drain. I'm planning on installing an additional p trap under my kitchen sink with an 18" "rise" and an air gap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks