Search results

1. DrDraake

Connect kitchen drain to 2nd floor main drain

Soft copper? I would still need to protect the copper via conduit or other method? That is better then running straight PEX in the trench? Right now everything after my water softener is all PEX I would be converting to copper. What benefit is there to bury soft copper in the trench vs PEX?
  2. DrDraake

TheMostHackEver, the copper pipe in there is type "M". With having to replace the copper pipe already and needing to buy sheathing, and new brazing rods should I go PEX instead? Is there any other benefits besides being cheaper and easier to work with? I already have all the PEX tools and...
  3. DrDraake

What prompted the post on the forum was water sounds coming from the kitchen side and gurgling sounds. Should I also replace the top elbow with an elbow that has a side outlet for a vent pipe to attach?
  4. DrDraake

I need a 3"x2"x3". Can I use a reducer without any issues with waste coming from the kitchen?
  5. DrDraake

Oh no, yes it is black iron pipe for the gas line to the double oven and the cook top. More bad news?
  6. DrDraake

Crazy question, I looked at the copper pipe and it is type "M". Either way I would need to change it out for type "L" or "K". Would it be better to change out the copper for PEX pipe?
  7. DrDraake

Thanks for the reply Best. If your referring to this photo. It does look like a sanitary tee. This is the fitting I was talking about. It is an elbow with a low heel inlet. I found another post on the here talking about it...
  8. DrDraake

James, holy cow! How did you catch that!? Just from the solder and torch sitting there? Thank you! I looked it up and you are correct it does need to be brazed. I have two different types of brazing rods. The aluminum rod is 33,000 psi and the bronze flux-coated rod is 50,000 - 60,000 psi...
  9. DrDraake

Hey everyone, Hope you guys here can help because I don't have faith in my contractors plumbing skills. He's tried to use sanitary tees horizontal, told me to vent out the bottom of the outside wall for a kitchen island sink, never heard of a island loop ven, and handful of other other things...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks