Search results

1. MChamp

Tank is filling very slowly in my new Toto Ultramax II

Nevermind, just went to the hardware store and got a Korky 528x. Works great, fills very quickly again. Thanks for all the help!
  2. MChamp

I was able to turn the water off at the meter with the key and replace the toilet supply valve with the quarter turn ball valve. The rubber gromet/washer in the old valve had broken into pieces, which is probably why it wasn't shutting off all the way. I figured that might have been blocking the...
  3. MChamp

Thanks for the tips, figured it out by turning my sprinklers on and off with the controller app on my phone. It was actually neither of the meters in my neighbor's yard so I'm glad I didn't mess with them. We live at the end of a small cul-de-sac with only a few houses that are uphill from the...
  4. MChamp

I suppose I could, the city just frowns on that. Guess if I'm quick about it I won't get caught. My setup is a bit unique in that my meter is in my neighbor's front yard right next to his. I'm not sure which is mine and which is his since they don't seem to be labeled. Guess I just hope I guess...
  5. MChamp

Makes sense. I actually had issues with the multi turn supply line valve not fully turning off when I installed the washlet, so it was slowly dribbling into a bucket for a while. Maybe it has also failed to open all the way as you mentioned. I have a quarter turn ball valve sitting here to...
  6. MChamp

I'll check that out, thanks. What might have obstructed that screen so early in it's life?
  7. MChamp

I recently replaced my master bath toilet with a Toto Ultramax II 1.28 GPF (CST604CEFGAT40#01) with a Washlet+ S500E. Everything worked great for about 2 weeks, but for the past day or so the tank fills really slowly. It used to be done filling less than 30 seconds after flushing, now it takes...
  8. MChamp

Need help identifying the source of a bad smell in the bathroom

I taped off the sink drain and overflow and sealed the toilet bowel in plastic wrap last night. Scent was just as bad (maybe worse) this morning. So this morning I pulled the toilet again and sealed over the drain pipe with plastic as well. I guess I'll see if the smell gets better in a few...
  9. MChamp

I read that thread, I have plastic seats on all the toilets so I don't think that's the issue. I can try the plastic wrap and drop cloths, have plenty of those lying around from my various painting projects.
  10. MChamp

Ok I'll give that a try. What's the reason I need to wait a whole week? What would cause a p-trap to siphon out? And wouldn't I expect the p-trap to be empty if that were happening? It looks like it has water in it when I look from above, and it definitely had water in it the last time I removed...
  11. MChamp

I've got a musty, stale smell coming from the downstairs powder room in my house and can't seem to identify the source. I first noticed the smell in summer of last year but it wasn't too bad, just caught a whiff of something every once in a while when walking by the room. After it didn't go away...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks