Solenoid Valve for Humidifier system

Users who are viewing this thread

Miketv84

Reaction score
I have a humidifier that is installed on my boiler. Hasn't been working. I tested the voltage from the thermostat and its recieving 24v. Trying to locate a replacement solenoid. Can't seem to find anywhere except 1 on ebay. Did it get superseded by another part number ?
4040 Aprilaire Solenoid Valve A2012-S118 (24 Volt)

Reach4

Reaction score
I would get the Robertshaw one via Ebay.

Before swapping the solenoid, however check to make sure there is really ~24 vac across the leads on the solenoid. If you have an external transformer (I do) the problem could be the transformer, an open wire, or the contacts on the control board are not closing the path.

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
Free advice: buy some extra input strainers (model 4004 I think), they tend to clog easily.

In fact, you might want to check the strainer in your solenoid valve before you replace the valve, just to be sure the strainer isn't clogged. The strainer is located in the input (right) side of the valve. You'll need a spring hook or something similar to pull it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks