Are GH End Caps -water tight-

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
UnExpected Appliance Failure with a lead time on the replacement. Which leaves me with some DIY work while I'm at it

Planning to put in a 3/4 sweat x GHT ball valve and then -cap- it. The GHT seems more just superficial as it's thin material etc. Will it hold back water if ...by change the level on the ball valve was pushed to the flow position. Or there is a possibility, it may just produce a very small minute driiiip with the cap in place

Storm rider

Slave to rentals
Reaction score
I would be concerned about a plastic cap, but I've seen metal ones with a rubber gasket hold at full pressure for years.

Chefwong

Reaction score
The brass/metal GHT cap I have on hand is not - heavy gauge-. Just thin enough to be a cap. No gasket. Not even sure if it would come in a gasket.....meaning the standard 3/8, 1/2 IPS, etc caps are just always metal ., never have seen them with a gasket.

I suppose putting a gasket on the GHT wouldn't hurt though !

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks