Washing machine drain hose - is this ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Milka89

Reaction score
Good day,

I recently had a washer and dryer installed and the plastic rim around the drain hose box just popped off today during a cycle (photo attached). I am not able to reach it myself (and even if I could, I would be scared to break something) so I would have to call professionals to pull the unit out and reattach it. My question is, what if I just leave it hanging like this? The plastic seems pretty light. Could this create a hazard or will it be ok like this?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I really appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Drain hose.jpg
    Drain hose.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 171

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks dumb, but so long as the hose still has 4-5" in the pipe, it's fine. That frame is just there to cover the rough edges of the drywall. It serves no other purpose. Doesn't hold anything in, etc.

awmartian

Reaction score
If it were me I would pull out the washer just a bit to push the trim piece back in. I would also add some caulk around the back edges of the trim to act as a glue. I would also double check that the drain hose is secure in the drain stack.

Milka89

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the responses. Because of the location and size of the washer/dryer, and my paranoia of breaking something, pulling it out is not an option without professionals. If the frame is only a decorative thing and not heavy enough to damage the hose, I am hoping it will be ok. The hose doesn't seem to have shifted since the installation so there must still be 4-5" in the pipe (although I haven't run the unit yet since that last cycle)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks