No Screw, Cap or Name Brand on Older Shower Handles

Users who are viewing this thread

stanley223

Reaction score
Hello. Just started getting a drip leak and the one shower handle is loose. It won't turn the water on/off.

No evidence of screw holes or any other holes. If I push in the knob, the other handle moves in also. Tried pulling/twisting/turning on the cap but it's not budging and I didn't want to break the stem. There seem to be groove marks on the left handle but wasn't able to get any movement on either side.

Cannot find name brand either. I tried looking into the rear of the handle (using portrait mode of camera) but there aren't any levers/mechanisms that i can see to unlock.

Picture attached-
https://imgur.com/a/hcF83fw

Thoughts? TIV!!

Last edited:

Robert cook

Reaction score
I have a dripping shower and can't see how to access the H&C brand shower control because there are no screws to remove.

Attachments

• Shower 5.txt
    720 bytes · Views: 196
  • IMG_20181222_164337241[1].jpg
    IMG_20181222_164337241[1].jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 205

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It has been a long time since I have seen one of those. It was made by several companies, Price Pfister being one of them. The black piece comes off , (it pull outward), and there are one or two screws under it, depending on which company make it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks