Recent content by zanman

1. zanman

Double-Bathroom Renovation, Please Critique!

My municipality accepts IPC 2018. Given this, I believe my original configuration is compliant based on Section 912: All the sinks are vented individually and connect downstream from the "wet vent". 2x toilet (3DFU each), 1 shower (5.7-12.3gpm, 3 DFU), and 1 bath (2DFU) = 11DFU total, so I...
  2. zanman

Gotcha, well I guess I will look at adding a vent to the toilets then just to be safe. The standalone toilet (on the left) shouldnt be an issue to either vent through the wall (or worst case the floor). However, the toilet with the sink attached to it will be more difficult to increase to 2"...
  3. zanman

Shower drain - will this pass inspection?

Not a plumber, but i'll throw my 2 cents in. It sounds like your shower is drain is not vented at all before it connects to the main-stack? If so i believe that is what your inspector is referring too. How long is the length of the shower drain run? If it is 1.5" the run would need to be no...
  4. zanman

This is the table I was using to determine trap-to-vent distance. Or are you saying venting through the main stack in general is not allowed? https://up.codes/s/distance-of-trap-from-vent
  5. zanman

Bumping for visibility. Would really like to see if you guys can poke any holes in the layout before I install. Thanks!
  6. zanman

Its a 3D solid modelling program called Siemens NX, its a very expensive software but I have access to it through work. Waaaay overkill for something like this but its what I use daily and am comfortable with. If you are looking for something similar but free check out Onshape...
  7. zanman

Hi All, I'm back for the next phase of our whole-house remodel (we bought a "fixer-upper" :D) I would love some feedback on my drain plan before I install this weekend, please don't hold back if something looks "wrong". For now I am just trying to get the drain piping in so I can close-up the...
  8. zanman

Add Washing Machine and Utility Sink to Basement

Dryer vent is ~10ft of 4" pipe which is still well under the 28' maximum listed for 4-elbows in the dryer installation manual. Although I admit I did not look this up until just now :) I wasnt sure what to do with the standpipe considering my homemade "pedestal" gives the washer an 18" boost...
  9. zanman

Flux Taste in Water, with Water-Soluble Flux?

Hi All, I recently added a laundry sink and hookups to my basement (1/2" copper). I am now noticing the water from my kitchen faucet has a metallic after-taste that is very similar to the flux odor. I did some poking around and it sounds like others have had this issue as well, but only when...
  10. zanman

Update: Everything is installed and works great! Here are some photos of the progress and final result, let me know what looks good and what could be improved for next time: https://photos.app.goo.gl/T69EHG5jxSiUgoww6 Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice, I really appreciated the diagrams...
  11. zanman

Lots of great ideas, thanks everyone. Now that you mention it it does make sense that each trap needs to be vented in some capacity. I really like the idea of just stacking "san-t's" and sharing the AAV. Thanks for the diagrams @Stuff and @Reach4 ! Do you guys have an recommendations on...
  12. zanman

Hey thanks for the reply. I would prefer to use the 2" connection as well. My city appears to adopt IPC 2012 with no amendments, so I don't see an issue with an AAV. As for dumping the washer into the sink, i don't think this would be a problem necessarily, but if i'm going to go through all...
  13. zanman

Hi All, first time poster here. Hoping to get some feedback on the best way to drain a washing machine and laundry sink i am adding in the basement of a late-70's home. I have been reading forums all day, but haven't quite been able to find a direct answer to my problem. I believe this user has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks