Recent content by xiders

1. xiders

Looking for review of my well water treatment plan

A new to us house with a shallow well with submersible pump. Well test at purchase said it produces 10gpm. 4 person family. Here's the water test: gosimplelab.com/LXUYN6 7.7 ph 39 gpg hardness 0.615 ppm fe 0.275 ppm mn 1400 ppm tds Prior owner had no treatment and every wet surface was...
  2. xiders

I Give Up - Untreatable Water - Just About All Solutions Exhausted - High Iron

There's always whole house RO you can throw in to the mix - although you'll be looking at another $8000 at least in addition to everything else. One idea - have you run the katalox filters in series before? The watchwater site seems to indicate operation in series for iron over 10ppm...
  3. xiders

Grateful for advice on new softener purchase (and other things)

... dammit. The address on their website is a UPS store. Well, not them then!
  4. xiders

Hmm. I hadn't contacted anyone locally, I was looking online. I was leaning toward a vendor located in Bartlett, IL calling themselves Quality Water For Less. They list their BB filter as a Hydronix HF45. I'll call a few local vendors and see what I get. Thank you!
  5. xiders

I was leaning toward the larger one, thank you. And I will make sure to pick up a spare o-ring. I am going to plumb in a bypass for both the filter and the softener.
  6. xiders

Greetings! I am grateful for any advice or suggestions you may have to offer. I am currently in the process of re-piping my house in preparation for adding two bathrooms upstairs. I'll be replacing our currently rented softener with a new non-rented one as part of the project. When it's all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks