Recent content by wuffers

1. wuffers

Considering Fleck 9100 SXT water softener

Ouch, 6 weeks? Alright - set this back to the weekly reserve. It's currently saying 1333 gallons as the reserve. Will just have to be patient for now. My average daily should be about 150 gallons per day. Checked the service manual: It's a bit disingenuous to call it a "weekly reserve". So...
  2. wuffers

I did add 3 bags initially and added the water slightly under it. It's about 2/5 full, but that's 120+lbs so it should be enough for quite a few months until I need to refill. I did change the valve type to 5810 and the BLFC size after looking at the sticker. I suspect the installer doesn't...
  3. wuffers

Never mind.. I did another hardness test after running a dishwasher cycle, and I'm getting a blue result right away. Yay! I changed the BLFC size after opening up the cover and seeing it saying 0.25gpm on the sticker, as well as the valve to 5810 (I guess this is cosmetic only).
  4. wuffers

I've finally got my system today, I must thank everyone who replied or PMed me with info or recommendations. It ended up being: Fleck 5810 XTR2 valve with 2.0 cu ft. resin tank (12" x 52"), 10% cross-link resin, gravel bed and round brine tank. I didn't see them load up the gravel bed or resin...
  5. wuffers

Space won't be much of an issue, especially if down the line I'm swapping out the water tank for a tankless. I suspect the installer will know what fittings to put in, but thanks for confirming the 5810 is a newer technology.
  6. wuffers

Yeah, that dealer link doesn't work for Canada for some reason (well, it only shows the Pentair site as the only partner). I've submitted like 5 requests for quotes to local dealers/vendors, and only one came back with pricing so far. I have no basis for comparison - and I'm not sure on the...
  7. wuffers

Funnily enough, my first call into a local dealer and they were like, why do you need such a large grain system in your area? We can sell you a system that's more efficient and uses no electricity! I'm like.. is that a Kinetico? I don't want one. He seemed to be quite adamant that a 30 day...
  8. wuffers

Thank you professors! This student is humbly absorbing all this useful information. Based on everyone's input, I think I will try to source a 5800 series Fleck for my home, and get a quote for a 2.0 or 2.5 cuft tank. I might as well see what the cost difference is between a SXT and XRT2...
  9. wuffers

First of all, thanks for taking the time for a prompt reply and all the knowledge you're sharing. This industry seems to cause a lot of confusion (at least to me..). Would that be a Fleck 5600? It appears that the 7000 has been discontinued. Ah, I knew I forgot something! Where can I look...
  10. wuffers

Hi guys, My wife has been bugging me to get a water softener installed, and I'm the sort who likes to go research things before making a purchase (whereas my wife likes to impulse buy lol). We have a 4600 sqft home with 6 bathrooms, currently with just us 2 living there. We plan to start a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks