Recent content by Wayne Birman

1. Wayne Birman

Water softener. Things to check before I call an expert?

Wow! Your magnets are much bigger than the new turbine I receive yesterday. The magnets are also covered by a thin layer of the plastic the wheel is made of. Now I'm wondering if this new turbine will work!
  2. Wayne Birman

Regeneration

I'll give it a try before I replace the turban assembly. Thanks my friend, You have really helped out! There are others that helped too in past treads, thanks y'all!
  3. Wayne Birman

Regeneration

Interesting! It worked with the magnet. I had the turban assembly out and it turned with the slightest of breeze. I take it there is a magnet on the turban (or should be). Kind of makes me think the timer and sensor is good. I guess I'll replace the turban assembly! Yes I could set the...
  4. Wayne Birman

Regeneration

I'll give it a shot!
  5. Wayne Birman

Regeneration

I've done all of that except, I can not test the prob. The calendar override may be a solution.
  6. Wayne Birman

Regeneration

I have a 255 control valve with a 460i timer assembly. After much reading, I think that regeneration is started by flow measurement and also by capacity calculations. If that is true, let's say the flow meter circuit is not working. Would the capacity circuit still cause a regeneration? It also...
  7. Wayne Birman

Safely remove a 255 valve from tank.

Could not have ask for anything better! Thanks! Wayne
  8. Wayne Birman

Safely remove a 255 valve from tank.

I have a 9x35 tank with a 255 valve on it. I want to remove the control valve to replace the resin in the tank. As the valve is plastic, what is the safe way to remove it? Also are there any suggestions on replacing the resin? Are there any mechanical suggestion? Thanks Wayne
  9. Wayne Birman

Autotrol 255 control

Thank you sir! This unit came without the ball. Maybe a mistake at the factory, or as it set in the store for three years, someone may have messed with it. I have ored the balls already. Thanks again!
  10. Wayne Birman

Resin amount needed

Thank you and you even figured the amount for me!
  11. Wayne Birman

Resin amount needed

I have a 9x34 tank. How can figure how many cubit feet of resin I need?
  12. Wayne Birman

Autotrol 255 control

How can I tell what the part number is for the drain control assembly. I see that there are seven different part numbers. Mine does not have a ball in it, only 1000214 and 1000215 does not use the flow control ball. There is a number 2 deep in the slotted groves of the drain control. Also the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks