Safely remove a 255 valve from tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Wayne Birman

Reaction score
I have a 9x35 tank with a 255 valve on it. I want to remove the control valve to replace the resin in the tank. As the valve is plastic, what is the safe way to remove it? Also are there any suggestions on replacing the resin? Are there any mechanical suggestion?

Thanks
Wayne

Bannerman

Reaction score
Although the video linked below is not specific for an Autotrol 255, when the valve is threaded to the tank, the valve removal procedure will be similar.

Your small 9" X 35" tank will contain only 0.75 ft3 of resin. After removing the valve head, syphoning water out from within the riser will ensure only clear water is removed to lighten the tank to allow the loose resin to be poured out into a garbage bag lining a large garbage container.

If the syphon hose is placed inside the tank while it contains water, then some of the resin can be syphoned with the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks