Recent content by Water Pro

1. Water Pro

Treating High TDS

I've run into another application with extreme TDS. 2100 to be exact. They currently have a 2cf softener to treat 117 hardness. They also have 6ppm iron. I'm treating the iron with cl injection/retention. The existing treated water is a surprising 5gpg the evening before regen. They don't want...
  2. Water Pro

Installed filter, now Cold Water Sputtering

try placing the carbon tank in bypass and see if it still occurs. are you certain you don't have a bad foot valve?
  3. Water Pro

First time homeowner, need water softener advice

sounds like a plan. a qualified water treatment professional would be preferred over a plumber for installation, but you can likely get by asking a few questions on here regarding proper programming. A coliform test is usually required by the bank, so your probably alright, but for like $30 for...
  4. Water Pro

First time homeowner, need water softener advice

your hardness isn't bad l. I know Gary recommended a 1 CF, and by his calculations that's correct. but for a home that size with 5 residents, I'd go with a 1.5 CF 48000 grain. the 2510 is an excellent valve, but a 5600 metered unit will work fine. your TDS is a little high. you may want to...
  5. Water Pro

Fleck controller keeps running

the cage (seal and spacer stack) and piston are replaced simultaneously.
  6. Water Pro

Is my well water suitable for trees/garden/flowers/etc?

your TDS is high. mainly consisting of sodium and chloride. NaCl interferes with a plants process of making chlorophyll. I would imagine different plants like different pH's.
  7. Water Pro

Extremely bad water

just an update. he's decided to sell the house as is. it's his mother in laws house and she passed.
  8. Water Pro

Extremely bad water

no report. my own testing (hach) have me those numbers. he has tds reading for the last 4 yrs. he's hovering between 5500 and 6800 depending on time of year
  9. Water Pro

Extremely bad water

my first thought was to get new water..lol. for yrs the county dpw has left an uncovered salt pile next door. they've had a lawyer working on it for 6 yrs to no avail.
  10. Water Pro

Extremely bad water

I have a customer with 140+ GPG, 7 ppm Fe and 6800 tds. I'm a little apprehensive about taking the job. he doesn't want the cost of an RO. He wants Cl injection and softener. it's my belief that the softener will be in constant regeneration from the sodium added by the high tds and unable to...
  11. Water Pro

What is the max safe working pressure for RO membranes?

This must be a whole house unit? I think the max pressure should be no more than 150. I remember seeing the curve somewhere of psi/rejection flattening on a graph. not much is gained past 140-150. ^^Bannerman explains a lot.
  12. Water Pro

What is the max safe working pressure for RO membranes?

POU RO systems are usually rated to around 90 psi.
  13. Water Pro

Fleck 5600SXT flow indicator issue. Possibly RO system issue

the RO storage tank should have around 6 psi (no more than 8 psi). the more air in the bladder, the less room for water. Try bypassing the softener and see if your main faucet pressure returns. If you provide more information, such as how much water you use daily and iron, hardness and tds raw...
  14. Water Pro

How do aquasensors work?

if the aqua sensor is bypassed the unit should give you another option for regen trigger in the programming menu. simply unplug it from the control board
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks