Recent content by Vasteve

1. Vasteve

Pressure Reducing Valve Necessary?

Hi Everyone, I'm preparing to replace my main water valve and I'm considering putting in a pressure reducing valve at the same time. I've tested my pressure a few different times at the hose bib and it seems to usually be around 70-75psi. I bought a Watts LFN45 and was planning to put it in...
  2. Vasteve

Blocked Supply Line?

Thanks for the advice. I have a plumber who will start replacing some pipes on Thursday. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
  3. Vasteve

Blocked Supply Line?

Is there any way to test it? Especially now that its flowing again. There is a 1/4 turn ball valve on the cold water inlet, but it's interesting that you mention this because I noticed originally that the cold supply pipe going into the water heater was getting hot for the first foot or so...
  4. Vasteve

Blocked Supply Line?

Pipes are copper leading to the water heater and some pvc that branch off before the water heater, which also don't work. House was built in 1950, but some of the plumbing has been updated. The area that it possibly frozen is all copper piping.
  5. Vasteve

Blocked Supply Line?

Thanks for this response. Do you think this would this stop the cold water lines before the hot water heater from working? The water heater was replaced professionally about 6 months ago.
  6. Vasteve

Blocked Supply Line?

John - So the water finally started working again (Almost 12 hours later this time). It started instantly with water rushing though the pipes. Is this likely the ice melting and letting go all at once or would it be more likely to slowly start with a trickle if it was thawing?
  7. Vasteve

Blocked Supply Line?

Hi Everyone, I have an issue with plumbing in my house that I've been trying to diagnose without any luck. Today I called a licensed plumber who wasn't sure what the issue was and the plumber I typical use has Covid19. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Background: There is a water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks