Recent content by Todd Jamison

1. Todd Jamison

Recommendation for high quality reliable 50 gallon NG hot water heater (atmospheric vent)

Hi folks! My old AO Promax hot water heater just turned 12. No issues thus far, but we're getting ready to put new carpet in our basement and are thinking about getting a new water heater as part of the renovation project as a preventative maint thing. Our current water heater gets horrible...
  2. Todd Jamison

PEX & building penetration questions

You'll want to cover or replace / cover as soon as possible. Pex is incredibly sensitive to UV light, and at some point will become brittle and crack. If this were my house, I'd redo the connections, and make sure it was covered up the same day. The photo above with the cover that guys used...
  3. Todd Jamison

Sioux Chief Copper or Uponor EP Valved Manifold

I used a couple 8 port multiport tees from Uponor. They were about $30 each and I've had ZERO issues for over a year. The couplers in the photo were due to removing a manabloc I had in place that kept leaking due to compression connections on the hot side loosening over time. My system is 100%...
  4. Todd Jamison

Uponor and Manabloc manifold?

I installed a manabloc with compression connections with aquapex tubing. The cold sides worked just fine, but the hot side connections wiggled loose three times throughout the duration of a year. I tightened the connections to spec but over time they would start leaking again. I'm not sure if...
  5. Todd Jamison

How to tell if a PEX (A) bend is too tight.

Hello, I am in the process of installing Uponor Aquapex (with expansion rings) in my home. I've been trying to eliminate as many elbows as possible by doing sweeping bends and using bend supports out of the walls. I do have a few bends, however, that feel pretty tight, even with 1.25" holes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks