Recent content by Thomas K

1. Thomas K

Washer Box Question

Jeff: Your comments made me think. Everything in the photos from the two fire-break studs and up in first photo will be drywalled. I am going to set the dryer on a shelf I'm making from (2) 3/4" plywood pieces glued and screwed together. Since the shelf will have about a 5" gap between it and...
  2. Thomas K

Washer Box Question

Hi! I purchased the Oatey Moda Pex Crimp washer box set (washer valves and drain in separate boxes) and plan to install the supply valve box as shown, at rear of stackable laundry closet. I have room in the side wall for the box containing drain only. I plan to leave this back wall of closet...
  3. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

Reach 4: I will definitely have to keep a watch for birds trying to nest in it. From the design, however, I don't think even a squirrel could get in. To clean around roof vent, I will have to open the door with a pocket magnet, as I could not get my fingernail under lip of door. John: I think...
  4. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

This is what I came up with for inner pipe routing. 5' rigid aluminum vent pipe will connect to this and other end of 5' vent pipe will attach to a MagVent MV-90. If anyone sees a problem here, please let me know. Thanks!
  5. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

This is what I came up with for inner pipe routing. 5' rigid aluminum vent pipe will connect to this and other end of 5' vent pipe will attach to a MagVent MV-90. If anyone sees a problem here, please let me know. Thanks!
  6. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Sealing

I still haven't decided where I want to put the dryer vent. Spot under eave would be shortest and easiest, but is within 5' of soffit vent. Spot through brick wall would be the most difficult. I can go through the roof with it, but will be really close to a plumbing vent and satellite dish.
  7. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

Looks like that's what I'm going to do as well. Since dryer is near lowest part of roof there vent pipe will only be about 5' long from dryer to roof cap. Thanks for the advice. I will post photos of project as I go.
  8. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

Sorry, John. LG WM3700 HVA stacking electric front load washer and dryer (DLEX3700V.) I'm afraid if I put it there that moist exhaust will be sucked up that soffit vent. I think code is 3' from any air intake, and it will be pushing it. Roof cap I bought is DryerJack 477. Both cap and wall dryer...
  9. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Placement

Stacked dryer sits in the corner where the two roofs meet, back of dryer to the small gable section made up of three boards directly below that soffit vent there. Vent pipe will be solid 4" aluminum. I either have to go straight up through roof with dryer pipe, or use a wall vent somewhere on...
  10. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Sealing

I was going to use the fitting in the photo of first post because it looks slimmer than what a regular 4" 90 degree aluminum pipe fitting would be. I could probably clean the vent from roof (easy access there) and where it joins the dryer as I will have an access panel behind the washer/dryer...
  11. Thomas K

Dryer Vent Sealing

Hi, guys! I may not be in the right forum here, but hope I'm close. I finally decided that best way to vent stacked dryer was straight up through the roof, capping it with a Dryer Jack Model 477 outlet. My question: Is there any way to seal the rotating collars of this Whirlpool 4396006rw...
  12. Thomas K

Stacked Washer/Dryer Vent Up to Code?

This is a periscope vent. They're thinner and look like they'd be almost impossible to clean with a shop vacuum hose from the roof vent. I'm planning on using a MagVent 90 attached to 4" smooth aluminum pipe going up about 6-6 1/2' to DryerJack on roof. I may have to use a couple of 45 degree...
  13. Thomas K

Actually, I think periscope vents in walls will not pass code. I do have one question though. Code stipulates that "Each vertical riser shall be provided with a means for cleanout." What exactly do they mean? If I am planning to use a DryerJack on the roof, which claims to open up for...
  14. Thomas K

That's where two other guys tried to fashion vent for washer standpipe and made mistakes. I need to cut out that frigging cap mess and install a proper elbow there. I decided against the periscope vent in wall. I don't think that would pass an inspection anyway. I'm going to have to use...
  15. Thomas K

I am getting down to brass tacks now with my washer/dryer project. I've decided that maximum space in laundry area will be obtained by furring studs in photo out with 1 x 2"s and recessing dryer vent into stud bay. I will be going with a vertical vent attaching to a DryerJack high efficiency...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks