Recent content by thedayrock

1. thedayrock

Unused permanent p trap

Much easier to leave it and cap it. Can i cap the riser? It is under slab. Does that matter?
  2. thedayrock

Unused permanent p trap

can I cap off an unused p trap and not use it anymore or would I have to completely remove it? This is a p trap that is cemented in via a tee and I plan on not using the connection anymore.
  3. thedayrock

Internal couplings

Are internal couplings allowed by UPC code?
  4. thedayrock

Direct connect shower to wet vent

I may have called it the wrong thing. It connects to the upstairs bathroom but also splits and vents out the ceiling above the master bath.
  5. thedayrock

Direct connect shower to wet vent

Can I connect a 2” shower drain directly to the 3” vertical wet vent and cap off the existing tub drain?
  6. thedayrock

Plumbing for Shower Bathtub

Moving drain for a conversion from bathtub to shower. I know I need to remove the p trap from the tub drain and I’ve found it but it runs underneath the 4” line. Any advice/videos on best way to plumb a line for a shower drain with the existing plumbing? Do I really need to remove the existing...
  7. thedayrock

PEX House Re-pipe

Thanks for the feedback!
  8. thedayrock

Tar around bathtub drain pipe

Just messy and stinks? No other concerns? Noob question.
  9. thedayrock

Can i remove the tar and connect new plumbing?
  10. thedayrock

Thanks for the feedback. It is PVC pipe but we do have a lot of water and termites in Houston. Is this something that needs to be retained? I need to move the p-trap.
  11. thedayrock

PEX House Re-pipe

Would you mind explaining why trunk and branch is preferred?
  12. thedayrock

Cutting into slab to re-rout tub drain for shower and found tar down below near joints in the concrete slab. Any input on what this is? House was built in late 70s in Houston.
  13. thedayrock

PEX House Re-pipe

Any suggestions on PEX-A manifolds? Copper or DIY?
  14. thedayrock

PEX House Re-pipe

Would water pressure be an issue for that many home run lines? The branches could be 75 feet for some runs!
  15. thedayrock

PEX House Re-pipe

Manifold or Trunk and Branch?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks