Recent content by TaylorG

1. TaylorG

Toilet flange questions

Thanks, just to clarify: My plumber put in a 3" pipe. People on this forum said OK to install flange that inserts into that pipe. Mr Sioux Chief decided to put a ridge on the flange that serves no purpose except to complicate things. Some dude on the internet said not to prime the flange...
  2. TaylorG

Toilet flange questions

Thanks, this Set-Rite spacer kit looks like just what I was looking for (no need for the flange extender, I'm not below finish floor height), only question is if it is the proper diameter: Re basement toilet: If I can't get the tapcon screws into the slab, then I'll drill 1/4" holes and put...
  3. TaylorG

Toilet flange questions

Do you have an example of one of those? I've had problems getting tapcons into the concrete, that was laid down by a mason when we replaced the drain line. But maybe that's my only option. Doubt I could get flat head tapcons to go in without camming out, but I'll try with hex head.
  4. TaylorG

Toilet flange questions

The ridge extends out beyond the OD of the pipe, so just cutting the pipe is not enough. I feel better about the flange going into the pipe rather than over it, TL says it should be fine with the Toto Clayton. Just can't believe the flange is not designed without this ridge, which serves no...
  5. TaylorG

Toilet flange questions

Would appreciate some guidance on closet flanges: 1. I have a Sioux Chief SS flange that goes into a 3" pipe. The PVC pipe comes up through a tiled floor with an almost perfectly sized hole for the pipe. But....the closet flange has a ridge at the bottom, inside the SS metal ring, that...
  6. TaylorG

Ceiling box extender

[I thought I had posted this earlier, but apparently it was just saved.] Reach4: The lip of the ceiling box is recessed more than 1/4" behind the ceiling surface., but no more than 5/8". The first metal extender you show is for a 4" box, the second is for extending a ceiling box something like...
  7. TaylorG

Ceiling box extender

I have some ceiling boxes that are recessed more than 1/4". The boxes are metal. I got these Arlington Industries BE1R ceiling box extenders, but the wall of the extender hits the point on the side where the wires are coming into the ceiling box. Before I start cutting these ceiling boxes, I...
  8. TaylorG

Toilet flange and hole for Toto Clayton

OK thanks, that helps a lot!
  9. TaylorG

The tiles aren't down yet, they are 12"x12". I hear you on the "full bore", but Terry's post below makes me think I'd rather go with in-rather-than-over flange. I can wait for Mr UPS to deliver the right kind of flange, if I can't find it locally. I definitely won't go plastic. Yeah, maybe...
  10. TaylorG

I am prepping to tile the floor of a bathroom where I will be installing a Toto Clayton. This project started back when Calvin Coolidge was in the White House, and the plumber that did the rough-in has long since moved on. The plumber that was, installed a 3" drain. The piping is PVC...
  11. TaylorG

Wiring lights in series with switch loop at the end

Running 2-wire into first light, 3-wire between lights, 2-wire to switch at end (for last part, wiring was installed before NEC 2011 -- don't ask). At each light, I should nut reds together with fixture black, nut together blacks. At last light, nut incoming black to outgoing white. Question...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks