Recent content by stkn

1. stkn

Adding light to three- way switch behind wall

Perhaps I should clarify. I did talk about connecting between the switches, but that was a sloppy explanation on my part. I certainly realize that in terms of the circuit you can never have switched loads before the switches. That would obviously be impossible. But in terms of pulling the wires...
  2. stkn

That's why I'm wondering if it's even possible to wire the second light to the first switch or something like that. I'm thinking it's not possible and I'm stuck figuring out how to fish the wire along the most efficient route. If that's what I have to do, then I'll do it. But just wanted to see...
  3. stkn

Yeah, that's the problem. The second light is behind the finished area and it's not close to any unfinished area. Above the ceiling is the second floor of the house. To get from the light to the unfinished portion would require penetrating about 6 joists and/or studs depending on the route. I...
  4. stkn

Hi all, I would like to add a second light to an existing three-way switch circuit with one light currently. The existing circuit is very standard... power from breaker to switch 1, 14/3 NM to switch 2, then 14/2 to the light. Nothing else on the circuit. I know the ideal is obviously to add...
  5. stkn

Venting bathroom in basement finish

Thanks! The washer is on the 1st floor, so the only plumbing fixtures in the basement are the water heater (and floor drain) and those in the roughed-in future bathroom. I've looked all over in the floor joists overhead for a vent connection, but there doesn't seem to be anything. Only plumbing...
  6. stkn

Thanks. I realize I'm exposing my own incompetence here, not the original plumbers! Despite our builder having a strong reputation in the area for being cheap and corner-cutting, I'm sure the rough-in was at least up to code. Mostly I'm just trying to ensure I have correctly...
  7. stkn

Hi all, I'm a DIY-er with a lot of experience in some phases of construction but not much in plumbing (so please be nice to my dumb questions!). I'm finishing a basement with a full bathroom, and thought I'd toss out a question here as I ponder whether to attempt myself or hire out. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks