Recent content by stapf79

1. stapf79

Pump decision for basement water storage tank

That makes sense. I'm gonna wait for the 1HP to get back in stock.
  2. stapf79

Well, I liked this one too. It's rated 154' total head pressure. The pside-kick will be right by the tank...so no real head pressure caused by depth. So wouldn't 60 psi x 2.31 = 138 head, so this pump would fill the pressure tank when flow is 0. But then when I'm running water - at 50 psi...
  3. stapf79

OK...I think I'm settled on this submersible. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTT2JO4/?coliid=I27JPDN81G6G7M&colid=1V5O8MBX9AVI8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it I think I'll be losing about 60 gallons of storage in a 250 gallon tank by not being able to access the bottom 15" - 19" due to the vertical...
  4. stapf79

Got ya. That makes sense. Any comments on acoustical performance of a jet pump vs. the submersible? I've come across some youtube vids of your typical jet pump. But can't really find much about a submersible sitting in an above-ground tank. Will it be similar in terms of noise?
  5. stapf79

I'm just curious - let's say I wanted to do a jet pump instead of the submersible....how do you plumb/wire the jet pump with the Pside-Kick? Most/all jet pumps I look at already have a pressure switch. Do you need both?
  6. stapf79

Wow...I didn't realize those were a thing. Now I've got something else to consider! Hmm.
  7. stapf79

Well, Hallmark actually makes a shorter pump, intended for a larger diameter well. I could lay this one horizontally in the 31" diam tank...
  8. stapf79

This is great info...thanks for the thorough response. You certainty helped clarify the benefits of option 2. And your reference to the Hallmark pumps (I hadn't found anything cheaper than $350) makes the costs work better. Now my only problem is the placement of the pump. The tank I was...
  9. stapf79

Hey all - I've been reading lots of posts here for guidance. And hoping I could get some pro's to weigh in on this decision. I'm planning to install a 250 gallon storage tank in my basement to help with flow rates in my single-story home. My well is really deep (500'), and we've always had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks