Recent content by stalion529

1. stalion529

Help!! New Water Heater Gas and Water Pipes not aligned

Finally got around doing it. Took about 3-4 hours with my pops. Probably hardest part was getting heater into pan and then the dialectic union had a drip or two and we had to re rape and tighten. Only issue now is that gas valve is not perfectly aligned to face you in front.
  2. stalion529

thank you both. yes will consider using reducing tee to gain some vertical room (that would give me the 3-4 inches i need) or just the flex line. am going to tackle in next week or so.
  3. stalion529

appreciate your help. Am leaning towards shutting off main house gas outside, getting a new Gas pipe for that vertical line which would match my new thermostat height, cut and threaded at HD or Lowes.. then will put back together same fittings on that final horizontal gas run. Then for water...
  4. stalion529

Thanks for suggestions. The water expansion is secured and i did all the copper sweating for fitting which some professionals told me looks good. If I was to do flex for gas, where is correct place to connect, right after shut off valve, right? or dimple after union? Also I bought a round...
  5. stalion529

good luck Thanks for suggestions. The water expansion is secured and i did all the copper sweating for fitting which some professionals told me looks good. If I was to do flex for gas, where is correct place to connect, right after shut off valve, right? or dimple after union? Also I...
  6. stalion529

thanks for the advice.. yes would look to do it quickly... i believe I will attempt to do that. Swap out that vertical 64" tall 3/4 Black Pipe for a shorter 61" to match the new water heater's thermostat height, and then re-use the horizontal valve/nipples/union. and then for the water pipes...
  7. stalion529

Thanks, Yes my water pressure is good, comes from town and is strong. I'd like to stick to rigid connections. For the gas line am afraid given the layout, there would be no easy way to re-jigger to get the sediment trap closer due to the sewage piping in the way. Do you guys think its okay to...
  8. stalion529

Hi, I am replaced a 22-year old 75 Gallon AO Smith Water Heater. The Gas black iron pipe currently would end up coming too low and the hot and cold copper pipes are too narrow. 1) For the Gas pipe, my union is on the horizontal after the elbow with sediment trap, if i want to continue with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks