Recent content by Sonny goldstone

1. Sonny goldstone

Noritz heater sound level

Hello... My Noritz is very quiet in general - I actually used an SPL meter to determine it runs at 35db when water is being used - however it ramps up to 65db when the fan comes on to blow out the exhaust. The fan only comes on for 2-3 seconds but 65db seems unusually loud - is this something...
  2. Sonny goldstone

Possible to get truly instant hot using a crossover?

I got it now - I wouldn’t mind an extra 10 degrees but not sure if I can just swap in any crossover or if it needs to be the one that came with the Noritz kit
  3. Sonny goldstone

I got it - based on this description I don’t see how water could get “instantly” hotter than the crossover cutoff temp - maybe the answer is a higher temp crossover - thanks!
  4. Sonny goldstone

Hot water temp steadiness...

If I monitor the output temperature of my heater it seems to float +\- 3 degrees over and under set temp fluctuating up and down during the course of a shower... is this normal or is it possible to get the exact set temp coming out for an extended shower with no fluctuation? thanks!
  5. Sonny goldstone

Yes it does close at 95 - what I don’t understand is that even if it closes at 95, wouldn’t the hot side continue to heat up as 120 degree water is pushed into the line?
  6. Sonny goldstone

Hello... Is it possible to get instant hot water using a crossover valve rather than dedicated return? I have a crossover valve setup and the performance isn’t great - I’m wondering if it’s possible to get “instant hot”( eg 120 degrees in 10 seconds) with a crossover rather than a dedicated...
  7. Sonny goldstone

Noritz NRCR 111 temp fluctuations during shower

my house seems to be plumbed in the non traditional straight line arrangement. I can’t figure out the farthest fixture so I put it on one downstairs that was across the house
  8. Sonny goldstone

Noritz NRCR 111 temp fluctuations during shower

Hello We have been getting this issue since installed - heater is set to 120 and during a shower the temp goes up and down 5-10 degrees multiple times. anyone have an idea? Very frustrating since we just bought this thanks jon
  9. Sonny goldstone

Navien NPE240A- Navilink,Navilink App, Recirculation settings And Parameters

Hi there...just curious since I was considering a Navien 240A. On my Noritz, every time the heater is used the fan activates and it’s not super loud but it is loud enough that I can hear it spin up from the room next to it. Does the Navien also turn its fan on after each use and if so would...
  10. Sonny goldstone

Tankless w recirculating pump not getting hot instantly as it’s supposed to

This would be a great solution though I would need to hire someone - how are you able to run the button wire across the house to the water heater?
  11. Sonny goldstone

Tankless w recirculating pump not getting hot instantly as it’s supposed to

If I buy the more advanced remote and set the recirculating times to say 5-6pm - does that mean the heater would be heating water and running the recirc pump for a full hour?
  12. Sonny goldstone

Noritz or Navien?

Does anyone feel strongly one way or the other?
  13. Sonny goldstone

Cost of using recirculating on Noritz NRCR111

Based on this I absolutely am spending more on gas than saving on water - the only faucet that works w the pump is the one w the crossover installed. Does a higher temp on the heater translate to more gas used?
  14. Sonny goldstone

Noritz NRCR 111 should fan go on with every use?

Thanks Bannerman... The unit is almost silent while the hot water is running (even a long shower) I never hear the fan come on until after the water is done being used...it whirs up for about 15 seconds then stops. So is this description normal?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks