Recent content by Snm

1. Snm

Pump continues running

IT WORKS!! Thank you very much for all your help. I will look into moving the pressure switch later.
  2. Snm

Pump continues running

It is WaterSource from Tractor Supply. Same as I took off. I turned both nuts about a quarter turn counter clockwise. Valves are open all the way.
  3. Snm

Pump continues running

Ok. I am back :) I found the impeller replacement at ereplacementparts. I took pump apart last weekend and replace the impeller and gaskets. The impeller was not melted but not in great shape. I got it connected back to the well and turned on late Monday afternoon. Built to 50 lbs pressure...
  4. Snm

Pump continues running

Is that replaceable? Or pump needs replacing?
  5. Snm

Pump continues running

I went to the house today and turned the pump on. It built up pressure to 39. Just continues running. I turned the power off. Checked after 1 hour. Still holding 39. Checked again after 6 hours, still holding at 39. I tapped on the pressure tank again. Still does not sound water logged. Any more...
  6. Snm

Pump continues running

I think it is factory set at 50.
  7. Snm

Pump continues running

Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions. I will definitely consider some of the changes suggested. What puzzles me is this has been running this same set up for years. I changed the pump and tank about 3 years ago. I changed the pressure valve about 9 years ago . Has been working fine...
  8. Snm

Pump continues running

There is a new foot valve at bottom. I will get pump model later today when I go by there. This at a house we are doing some work on for rental.
  9. Snm

Pump continues running

The pipe next to the green rope going into the ground is the supply line going to the house. The pipe to the right of the pressure gauge is capped off.
  10. Snm

Pump continues running

Pressure holds and pump continues running. There is a cutoff on supply line just after pump. I turned that one off to see what would happen. The pump did a continuous rapid on_off.
  11. Snm

Pump continues running

No other check valves. I have looked for damp areas in yard, but nothing shows unusual moisture. I have left pump running a long time, hoping that a leak would show up.
  12. Snm

Pump continues running

I have a bored well with a 1 hp pump with pressure tank. Pump will not cut off. I replaced foot valve, then pressure switch. I checked pressure in pressure tank. Checked tank for water log. Checked the little pressure tube going to pressure switch. When running, there is good pressure at the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks