Pump continues running

Users who are viewing this thread

Snm

Reaction score
Ok. I am back :) I found the impeller replacement at ereplacementparts. I took pump apart last weekend and replace the impeller and gaskets. The impeller was not melted but not in great shape. I got it connected back to the well and turned on late Monday afternoon. Built to 50 lbs pressure and still won't cut off. Last night I checked the pressure tube that goes to the cut off switch. It was not clogged. Even ran a wire up in the pressure valve. Turned on again and same results. I adjusted just slightly the pressure switch. No luck. Oh, when it built to 50lbs the first time and would not cut off. I cut the power at the house for a bit, went to the well house turned on power and pump did not come on until pressure was way down. Then would not cut off unless I cut power. This was a brand new pressure switch when I started trouble shooting in the beginning. Any more suggestions before I call in a well professional? I have renters coming in May 4th and I will not be able to do anything this weekend. THANKS

Reach4

Reaction score
1. What pressure switch did you buy?
2. When you adjusted the pressure gauge, what did you adjust, which way, and by how much? Normally you don't adjust the nut on the small spring. Did you?
3. Are either of the valves partially closed?

Normally you would want the pressure switch closet to the pressure tank. Teeing off where the pressure gauge is, to supply the pressure switch and gauge both, would be good

Snm

Reaction score
It is WaterSource from Tractor Supply. Same as I took off. I turned both nuts about a quarter turn counter clockwise. Valves are open all the way.

Reach4

Reaction score
It is WaterSource from Tractor Supply. Same as I took off. I turned both nuts about a quarter turn counter clockwise. Valves are open all the way.
This one? https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/water-source-well-system-pressure-switch-40-60 or did you get the 30/50?

Turn the nut on the big spring CCW more until the pump can cut off. Then turn another 1.5 turns CCW to give about 4.3 psi of margin.

See post #11. If you moved the pressure switch to the pressure gauge place, you could close that top valve partially. Rerouting and lengthening that sense tube part to the pressure gauge would have the same effect.

Snm

Reaction score
IT WORKS!! Thank you very much for all your help. I will look into moving the pressure switch later.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks