Recent content by skeetdog

1. skeetdog

Furnace humidifier water supply line dirty water?

I've attached the pictures. What you are saying definitely sounds possible. This wouldn't have gotten any flow since last winter/spring.
  2. skeetdog

Furnace humidifier water supply line dirty water?

I have a humidifier on the side of my furnace and a supply line that gets run over to the humidifier that is a plastic (pex?) line. Perhaps it has always looked like this, but does it look filled with dirty water? Perhaps it's always looked like this and it has never caught my attention before...
  3. skeetdog

Hiding undercabinet wiring

I'm using LED puck lights and the wire is similar to a standard wire found on a lamp or television. I'm replacing existing puck lights that were installed by the previous homeowner. They were halogen and got so hot that it literally burnt the underside of the cabinet. I'm trying to install...
  4. skeetdog

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give that a try!
  5. skeetdog

So use screws instead of the nail in the wire clip?
  6. skeetdog

I'm adding some undercabinet lighting and trying to organize and hide the wiring. On the front side of the cabinets there a lip that hangs down maybe an inch or so. I'm hoping to run the wire on the backside of the front lip and secure the wiring using wire clips (the kind with a nail to...
  7. skeetdog

Dishwasher leaving black greasy spots

Have you ever heard of pods deteriorating a dishwasher vs liquid detergent? We recently switched to using them and that's when I noticed this start to show up. I've just heard the pods are more concentrated so was curious if they would be harsher on the internals of a dishwasher?
  8. skeetdog

The dishwasher connects right under the kitchen sink so I should be able to disconnect the water line and hook up a small hose and fill a bucket. I am on city water and haven't ever tested for manganese.
  9. skeetdog

I'm only seeing the spots in the dishwasher. If I run the faucet right next to the dishwasher and fill up a cup of water I don't notice any black spots in the cup. But the dishes that come out of the dishwasher have black spots.
  10. skeetdog

I have a dishwasher that suddenly started leaving black greasy/oily spots on my dishes. If I try to wash them off they just smear and fade but don't easily just wipe off. It seems to me like its a rubber washer or black rubber gasket that is melting or breaking down and getting all over the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks