Recent content by Shawndh

1. Shawndh

Need help fixing a weak kitchen sink sprayer

We ended up getting a Moen Sleek 7864 pull down with a matching soap dispenser. Had to cut my losses with the Pegasus/Glacier Bay faucet. Much simpler setup.
  2. Shawndh

Which brands do you recommend? Delta, Moen, American Standard, or Kohler. How do they stack up as far as quality?
  3. Shawndh

Well now I got worse issues. The sprayer is leaking causing a mess on the counter top. None of the orings I have fit in it. I’ve just removed the hose from the valve at the spout and capped it with a 1/4” pipe thread cap until I can figure out how to stop it from leaking. I’m afraid, I’m going...
  4. Shawndh

Okay. So, when we bought the house back in 2009, all the fixtures appear to have been updated to some nice looking brass/chrome stuff throughout. Heavy and seems quality but I've been having issues with them frequently. Problem is, it's hard to identify who makes the stuff. So after some...
  5. Shawndh

Is a 30 gal ejection pump basin large enough for in-law suite?

I'm trying to pick a pump package for a basement finishing project. It's going to have a full bath, kitchen, and washing machine. It will just be one person living there. Will a 30 gallon basin be large enough?
  6. Shawndh

Sewage pump basin size?

Thanx for your help. I guess it's safe to have a larger pit than to be stuck with a pit that's too small. I can always adjust the float switch and I'm sure I have the 24in diameter of room for the pit. So I guess it will be fine.
  7. Shawndh

Sewage pump basin size?

Wow! I was thinking it would be more like 50 gallons. Hope we don't reach China trying to dig a hole big enough for it. Well, it's only 3ft deep, so I guess it's about right. 2ft deep just doesn't seem large enough. By my calculations, I'm coming up with about 60 gallons, but I'm not sure if...
  8. Shawndh

Sewage pump basin size?

I just ordered a Zoeller kit from irawoods.com with a 24" x 36" basin. Can someone tell me how many gallons that size relates to? Irawoods sales person didn't seem to know, but we both know that the "18 x 24" is a 30 gal basin. I wanted something a little larger than a 30 gal because this system...
  9. Shawndh

Rannai pressure release valve leaking

Thanx for the info. I still haven't measured the pressure in the house yet, but I'm thinking it's the PRV as well. I'll post my findings.
  10. Shawndh

Rannai pressure release valve leaking

I've been hearing a hissing noise in my pipes for weeks now and I finally realized it was coming from the tankless water heater. I was out on the porch and I saw water dripping from the unit. When I opened it I heard the hissing noise and saw that the water was coming from the PRV. I pulled on...
  11. Shawndh

Need suggestions on sewage ejection pump for in-law suite in basement

Yea, I was looking at that one but, does it matter that the base is some kind of engineered plastic? I was looking for the same deal with a M264. They're all cast iron.
  12. Shawndh

Thanx. I guess I'll be looking at the Zoeller M264. It's cast iron with a .4HP engine. And from what I've been reading, I want the non-automatic with a piggy-pack switch.
  13. Shawndh

I can live with that then. I guess, if I keep the area with the pump separated from the rest of the basement, it won't be such a bad clean-up. I guess I'm going to go with a Zoeller unit, but I'm still not sure which one. The only kits I see are .4hp or so. And I haven't seen one with the alarm...
  14. Shawndh

Thanx for the replies So I guess I'm looking at replacing this thing every 5 years or so, if I'm lucky? So what I'm not understanding is how do I manage this system so I don't have to pull up carpet and sanitize this thing every 5 years when it goes bad? It seems like such a bad idea to go with...
  15. Shawndh

I've been looking for months for information on how to choose the best pump for my application. I'm basically building an apartment for my mother-in-law in our basement with a full bath, kitchen, washer & dryer hookups, and all. We're on septic tank, and the line going out of the basement is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks