Recent content by SDRenovation

1. SDRenovation

2570 Valve gpm flow rates - should Moen know this stuff?

Thanks Reach for the idea about flipping the valve. I will have to try to see if that's possible or really needed, but I guess if we knew the gpm we could alleviate the need to even consider that as a possible option. Right? Sorry you weren't on the phone to hear his snide tone. I really...
  2. SDRenovation

2570 Valve gpm flow rates - should Moen know this stuff?

This morning I was on the phone with Moens technical support after I called yesterday, made an appointment and waited until this morning for my "scheduled call back time" to be able to talk to them. I was double checking that the 2570 Posi-Temp valve is the one I want to use in my master...
  3. SDRenovation

Help me choose a shower mixer

I will add to my to-do list: check out Delta Universal rough in box. Been working on trying to get Oatey to sell me the in wall hammer arrester boxes for behind the dishwasher and sink and both toilets. That's been nearly impossible. Considering IPS plumbing parts now as Oatey is too difficult...
  4. SDRenovation

Thanks Terry. I'll check out the Hansgrohe. I have a Hansgrohe faucet waiting to be installed in the kitchen. TR - can you give me an example of when you've installed a Delta valve using it under the pressure balancing configuration and then had to change it to thermostatic configuration...
  5. SDRenovation

I've got some questions about shower mixers and I'm hoping I can get some recommendations on how to choose them and what I should be paying attention to. I am re-building a walk in shower and a tub/shower combo from scratch. I'll be running all new copper water lines (3/4"). Both bathrooms are...
  6. SDRenovation

Kitchen sink p trap. One or two?

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the pros and cons of dual p-traps for a dual basin kitchen sink. I've looked at a lot of other people's set ups and the only thing I really learned to dislike at our last house was the baffle in the 90 on the output from the disposal where the line runs...
  7. SDRenovation

Cast Iron Tub 30"x60" recommendations please

I don't know how old the tubs are, but I agree Kohler's seem the nicest and I want a cast iron tub for all the reasons you mentioned. The reviews vary from many years old, to videos of people trying relentlessly to clean Kohler's non-slip surface that were posted to YouTube in 2017. I think...
  8. SDRenovation

Cast Iron Tub 30"x60" recommendations please

I'm looking for recommendations for a cast iron tub, 30"x60". Looked at the Kohler tubs (they only make 4 in that size), but the problems many many people have had trying to keep the non-slip on the bottom of those has me looking for another manufacturer. I like Kohler's Bellwether because it...
  9. SDRenovation

Whole house ABS

Ok decided to re-do things, tell me what you guys would change. Lav's now drain in to the guest closet 4" line. Tub and shower drain down and are caught by the line comming in from the kitchen. These then drop through a 4x2 spigot adapter right upstream of where the master closet joins in via...
  10. SDRenovation

Whole house ABS

Sorry Terry, I forgot to add that part.... I was trying to keep the original post short, even thought it ended up like a novel. The wall between the kitchen and master and guest bathrooms will be moved 6" into the kitchen. So, the toilet in the master looks really close to the wall, but it's...
  11. SDRenovation

Whole house ABS

Here an overview shot of the whole area looking through the kitchen (L shaped cut in concrete in foreground is for 2" kitchen drain turning and heading towards master bath). The wall with the diagonal shear brace is the wall I'd like to have the master closet vent come up through.
  12. SDRenovation

Whole house ABS

This is my first post, so thanks for reading. I have been lurking here for about 6 months trying to absorb so much of the information and great knowledge since we got into the serious renovating work on our house. I want to thank all of you in advance for taking the time to review my work and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks