Recent content by sc.homeowner

1. sc.homeowner

Will another bladder tank help maintain pressure

They are both cartridge type. The first is simply a pleated paper filter good for about 30 microns. It gets the large stuff like sand and manganese.
  2. sc.homeowner

I do not have a back washing filter. I had researched them but did not think that they would remove the fine sediment. Even the 5 mic. does not get it all. Your suggestion for paralleling 2 filters would work now I think, and extend the time between filter changes. I was thinking that the check...
  3. sc.homeowner

Without investing in an elaborate filtering system, I have our well water very acceptable now by using 2 whole house filters and a chlorine injector. The problem now is the pressure drop that occurs after the last filter. It is a 5 micron carbon filter and requires changing about every 3 mo. As...
  4. sc.homeowner

Need more pressure especially in upstairs bath

Thanks, I was wondering if there was a better pressure switch then the Square D Pumptrol switch. I tried this before but the "cut in"/ "cut out" points were rather inconsistent. The switch is about three years old, so is it time to replace it?
  5. sc.homeowner

Need more pressure especially in upstairs bath

we have a 240 ft well with a submersible pump which pumps ~ 8 gpm. For water conditioning I have a 30 micron WH filter to remove sand and grit, a soda ash/ chlorine injector for PH and finally a 5 micron carbon WH filter to remove the chlorine. All this has worked well except for the pressure...
  6. sc.homeowner

Can I fix mild odor in hot water with chlorine injector?

Mild older was noticed in hot water after well having been repaired of a faulty foot valve. Was wondering could I eliminate this odor by injecting chlorine upstream to the hot water heater to kill the bacteria, then use a carbon filter to remove the chlorine? I already have a chlorine injector...
  7. sc.homeowner

How do I finish disassembly of this Price Pfister faucet?

kreemoweet's answer worked. Picked up a set of those sockets online this morning for 8.79 +tax. The 27/32" fit inside nice and snug. Disassembled, cleaned it up and reassembled in about 15 min. Total cost with the new cartridge and sockets = < $20.00. Thanks kreemoweet!
  8. sc.homeowner

How do I finish disassembly of this Price Pfister faucet?

This is a 15 year old faucet that started leaking just last week. I found a new cartridge that fits but cannot see how to get it out. Got the handle and cap off without a problem. Looks like some sort of special tool is needed?
  9. sc.homeowner

How do I eliminate sediment in well water?

I know it's not a good idea but that's why I have a filter upstream of the switch to try and keep some of the gunk out. The problem is that the filter won't be "seen" by the switch if it clogs. The pressure switch is the weakest link in the system. IMHO.
  10. sc.homeowner

The well is approx. 30 years old. According to the driller, the well is a rock bore well and has a 6" PVC casing. Water height above to pump was estimated to be 160 ft. After the repair the other day, I had a hose connected at the well head to clear the chlorine out and it pumped out (dry) in...
  11. sc.homeowner

Have always had fine red clay sediment accumulate in toilet tanks but the water has been clear fo the most part. This past week has been much worse. Water had a red/orange tint to it. After the well serviceman pulled the pipe (220 ft.) thinking that it was leaking at a coupling, he found that...
  12. sc.homeowner

Water looks like Alka Seltzer? What Gives?

Problem Solved. Water no longer looks like Alka Seltzer. Well, several weeks ago, I had a bunch of questions, including why our looked like a glass of Alka Seltzer. This and all the other questions have now been answered by having the pump pulled and a new Franklin 1 HP installed. Gary was...
  13. sc.homeowner

Yes, I understand. Thanks to you and everyone else who responded to my questions. I am going to try and find a professional here to do that should I find that it's necessary. I will post the final result if the thread is still active. Thanks again!
  14. sc.homeowner

OK, I did the test for Methane. It's negative for Meth. The air coming out of the soda bottle actually blew out the match instead of igniting it. I guess that's good and now I need to plan an attack for eliminating the leak. You mention a foot valve. Being a valve is it possible that it is...
  15. sc.homeowner

I have a chemical injector to increase the PH slightly. I checked it yesterday. The transparent tube going to the injection point had no air in it and I found no leaks there. I can remove the check valve if I need to check for the leak on the pump side, which poses the question, if the leak is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks