Recent content by s10010001

1. s10010001

Pumptec overload diag

Following up on this. They pulled the pump today. Found it was 430', not 400 form the original records, so it was likely pulled and lowered before. Regardless, the pump was shot and the check valve was only opening about 1/3 the way. Pump was a Franklin 1.5HP FWIW. We reused the PCV, got a...
  2. s10010001

Reusing a Clack WS1 for another pourpose

Should I buy a smaller tank then? Seem logical to reuse the WS1 right?
  3. s10010001

Reusing a Clack WS1 for another pourpose

We ended up replacing our water softener recently as a quicker solution to replacing the resign in our existing softener. Overall out water is pretty great now. setup: Well > Storage Tank > Jet Pump > CSV > Screen Filter > Spin down Sed Filter > 2nd spin down filter > New Softener. Im...
  4. s10010001

Check valve before or after

Yea that’s where line is now, on the suction line, a larger 1 1/4” brass check valve about 6” from the pumps inlet. Seems to work fine, I guess I’ll leave it alone then thanks.
  5. s10010001

Check valve before or after

Is the check valve best before or after my jet pump and CSV? or in between? Mine is currently (and has been for some time) in the input side, before my jet pump. Between my jet pump and storage tank. just noticed some other diagrams reading around looking for info and thinking maybe I have it...
  6. s10010001

Water softener needed? Sediment filter and micron size recommendations.

I would likely start with a backwash filter, specific media to your water issues. Have you done a test? Then add a softener if needed (or anyways, later when you can) This is my toilet on Well water, what its should look like haha. It hasn't been drained in over 3 years. Well > 1100gal tank >...
  7. s10010001

JS10 good for 24 hours

So on that note… when do you guys take extra percussion from freezing? My external pipes are all foam insulated, and 100% covered/wrapped in that thick electrical tape waterproof type wrap over that. So far, it’s been 26* at night, I did nothing and it was fine. but last night in the teens Is...
  8. s10010001

JS10 good for 24 hours

Yea, It was just the first time I actually wanted to run it all night, I was being paranoid. It worked like a champ, ran it all night until about 9:30am when it started warming up. Couldn’t even feel a pressure drop in the house either. CSV FTW ;) I’m not sure if running all night was actually...
  9. s10010001

JS10 good for 24 hours

Meh… I went for it. Pump is running, water hose right back into the storage tank. About 3/8 open to a spray head. So lots of water. Also it’s also disturbing the surface of the water in tank a lot so that’s good too. It’s 19* outside right now and looks like it will be like that until morning.
  10. s10010001

JS10 good for 24 hours

I think I know the answer to this, but the Goulds JS10 + CSV is good to just leave on and running over night right? Mainly to keep a good flow to prevent freezing. running form a water hose back into the storage tank. I have been testing it today just to see how hot the pump gets, its 26*...
  11. s10010001

Question about replacing Resin

Working from bottom up, I do change my 4.5x10" filters regularly, even before I see pressure drop on them. I am considering replace those will a whole house back washing filter before the softener though. Less maintenance. Iron bacteria is not bad, was stays clear, showers are good no. However...
  12. s10010001

Yea I shouldn't have any issues getting it dumped. I do plan on getting a test done actually. I did however get the Rona this past week, so I'm down for the count sick (currently feeling a little better). So I will get to this sometime next week.
  13. s10010001

ok, good stuff everyone. Gave me lots to go on. I'm going to revie my hardness settings (vs a hardness test) as well as how much salt I have in there and go form there. Glad to know backwashing should be keeping it clean in there. Also thanks for finding my model and Manual, that's going to help...
  14. s10010001

yea, that was my thought process. There was a lot of crap in my lines and stuff when we moved in. I cant even imagine how nasty the bottom of the softener is. I would feel better knowing it was all cleaned and like new. Then I can maintain from there. I did clean out the salt brine tank a while...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks