JS10 good for 24 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

s10010001

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this, but the Goulds JS10 + CSV is good to just leave on and running over night right? Mainly to keep a good flow to prevent freezing. running form a water hose back into the storage tank.

I have been testing it today just to see how hot the pump gets, its 26* outside, and staying 45-50* in my well house, pump is warm at best, its been on for a few hours. Its gonna be in the teens tonight so I was thinking about letting it run all night like this.

Last edited:

s10010001

Reaction score
Meh… I went for it. Pump is running, water hose right back into the storage tank. About 3/8 open to a spray head. So lots of water. Also it’s also disturbing the surface of the water in tank a lot so that’s good too.

It’s 19* outside right now and looks like it will be like that until morning.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pumps are made to run 24/7/365. The CSV will keep the pump running as long as you are using about 1 GPM. I think you mean the motor end is getting warm, which is normal. But at 1 GPM the pump end should not get warm until it has heated all the water in the storage tank.

s10010001

Reaction score
Yea, It was just the first time I actually wanted to run it all night, I was being paranoid.

It worked like a champ, ran it all night until about 9:30am when it started warming up. Couldn’t even feel a pressure drop in the house either. CSV FTW ;) I’m not sure if running all night was actually needed, but a little power was cheap insurance to not be fixing pipes the next day.

But yes my well house itself is plenty insulated. It’s the pipes out to the storage tanks that I’m worried about. If the power goes out, honestly, I’m just gonna drain the pump with my low point drains and wait it out. Generator as needed.

Last edited:

s10010001

Reaction score
So on that note… when do you guys take extra percussion from freezing? My external pipes are all foam insulated, and 100% covered/wrapped in that thick electrical tape waterproof type wrap over that.

So far, it’s been 26* at night, I did nothing and it was fine. but last night in the teens Is when I decided to run the water circulating setup.

Edit: I did not run the circulation last night, no freezing, it’s 18* outside right now. So I guess all the insulation works pretty well actually.

Last edited:

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
You have to consider that just because the temp goes down to 18, doesn’t mean the water in the pipe will be 18. It would take a long time for water that is normally like 55 to get down to 32 even if it was 18.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks