Recent content by RyanP

1. RyanP

Easy sink drain question

Should a plumber have known that? I had one in while I had the walls down, and he saw the vanity and put in a new drain (and a new T and everything), but for some reason he did not raise the drain. I was pretty fired up when I figured all that out (I know, I should have thought about it before...
  2. RyanP

Easy sink drain question

I'm sorry for this basic question, but I'd like some insight on this issue. I am installing a new vanity that is open underneath and has a shelf that runs across the bottom probably 6" off the floor. It also came with a basket that sits on that shelf (I guess for towels and whatnot)...
  3. RyanP

Bathroom sink drain issue

Thanks again, Redwood...as for the other side, I'm pretty sure that the one on the other side just dead ends (there was a kitchen added on the opposite side of the tub, so maybe the previous owner somehow ran the tub into a newer drain system. I can't remember how he sealed that side, but I...
  4. RyanP

Thanks a lot, Redwood! That's some great information. I'm sad those photos are gone, but it's still very educational. I'm nervous about melting the lead, but I guess I'll have to go for it. I appreciate it! Ryan
  5. RyanP

I'm doing a remodel job in my guest bathroom and had a question about the sink drain. The house was built in 1952. Where the drain pipe bent to come out of the wall, there was a junction that was basically taped together with what looked like wide electrical tape. From what I've read in these...
  6. RyanP

How do I replace & on-slab broken toilet flange?

My original flange is rusted badly and cracked on one side (so it no longer holds a bolt on that side). If I use a repair ring, can I put it right over the top of the old flange? How do I screw through the old flange? Or do I remove the old flange (this seems like a challenge, but I guess I...
  7. RyanP

New toilet selection questions

These are some great questions, FJK. I'd be curious to know if you have gotten any information on the 1st and the 4th one? Please post it if you do! Thanks a lot.
  8. RyanP

How do I replace & on-slab broken toilet flange?

Can anybody provide a link to what these replacement flanges that have a rubber compression seal look like? I tried to find one at Ace, and they didn't have anything like that, and my web searches have come up empty too. Thanks for any help! Ryan
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks