Recent content by Russ13

1. Russ13

Attic Plumbing Cover

So the wife wanted the shower head to come out of the ceiling and for that to happen it has to go into the attic. It's not a long run(4'-5'). I knew this was going to be a challenge because I didn't want any way for the pipes to freeze if we had a cold winter. So I came up with a box to insulate...
  2. Russ13

No water to shower head/spray.

Never mind. I'm a dummy. Not only do you "turn" the valve, you also, "PULL OUT" the valve...I should of had a V8....
  3. Russ13

No water to shower head/spray.

I'm at a loss on this. I have water good to the valve. I took the cartridge out and opened the valves and I get hot/cold coming out. When I place the cartridge and open the valves and diverter I don't get any water coming out of sprayer or ceiling outlets?? It would have to be something with the...
  4. Russ13

Shower remodel

It is a union. I find now I should have used a conventional P-trap. I did two 90's. Is that not sufficient?
  5. Russ13

Retiling or a drainage problem?

I have been watching a lot of videos from a guy named Bob Doyle of Starrtile. He's out of GA and is really thorough in his explanation(s) of shower failures. There are many of his videos so you would have to go through and find the one that works for you. Like I said he is VERY thorough in his...
  6. Russ13

Shower Valve cutout

Thank you. Are they for flow control? If pressure is too low or high?
  7. Russ13

Shower Valve cutout

Hello. I was wondering if I would need to cut out the wall board/tile out to the screw valves on the temp control valve or can I just cut just enough around the temp control guard? Would I ever need to use those?? As of now, it looks like they are set all the way out. I assume they are for water...
  8. Russ13

Shower remodel

Good news! I've figured out a way to be able to run all 2" drain line from shower to the main. I'm having to remove hard HVAC duct to be able to place the drain where I need. It's okay because it's just a feed to the unfinished basement that I can move later on with, possibly, flex ducting. Just...
  9. Russ13

Shower remodel

Thanks, Terry! I was reading some of the forums where they have reduced a 2" to 1 1/2" because they couldn't get to that area to make it ALL 2" to the main. They said it would make a "dam" and cause issues later on, because of hair and what not clogging up the reduced area, so it makes since to...
  10. Russ13

Shower remodel

I'm changing a shower, fiberglass, insert to a tiled shower. I'm expanding the shower around 3" wider so I have to move the 1 1/2" stack that is "inline" with the shower drain( around 2/3 feet from the shower drain). The stack is in the wall where the shower supply line is located. My question...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks