Recent content by RockfordPI

1. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

I totally agree on the numbers, it is driving me crazy. However, I have a pic of the pump and motor nameplate (attached) I took just before I put into the well. It may be in my pressure tester (pic attached. I wonder if is possible when it spiked the momentum of the pressure knocked the red...
  2. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

I have done some preliminary testing, but want to get my 3000 gallon tank full before I do more pressure testing just in case my drop pipe happens to burst under the higher pressure or I need to pull the pump. Here is what I have done/found so far: At 60 HZ, my 200 psi pressure gauge pegs for...
  3. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

That is possible, but I don't think so. I had good water when the driller left, but did not use for 6 months or so and then became the problem. Still experimenting, I hope to have a solution or more data to post soon. I greatly appreciate the feedback I have gotten from everyone.
  4. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

THANK YOU! Exactly the process I needed to know. I will verify actual amps. The ASD is a pretty good 3hp Toshiba Industrial Drive, but I will check it just to be sure. Also, tried to leave a tip in your tip jar, but link is not working.
  5. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

THANKS MAN! This is the kind of data I need. I follow your first point because 42 HZ when I cover the outlet with my thumb it does not feel like it is building a lot of pressure. Couple of points/questions: I have attached pics of motor nameplate, it shows motor rated for 4 amps cont. (SF...
  6. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

It was 18 months ago when well was drilled and it was producing at the very least 7 GPM at that time with current equipment. However, it was 6 months after we finished and I before I started using the well. Also, driller did not sell me the variable speed system, it was "overstock" I kept from...
  7. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

Yes, pump drops to about 3.5 AMPS when I reduce speed and has good water flow until it doesn't LOL. It behaves just like the well is running dry. Normally I would assume that the well was pumping dry, but that does not explain the high amps.
  8. RockfordPI

Well or Pump issue?

Trying to ascertain if I have a well issue, a pump issue, or BOTH. 200' well, drilled 2 years ago. Was getting around 7 GPM when driller left. Well was not used for 6 months after drill. I have 1 HP three phase pump with an Adjustable Speed Drive running the pump. Pumping into a...
  9. RockfordPI

Replacing backwash only valve with softener valve.

48 x 9". I can guessing by dome hole you mean hole at the top of the tank? If so, I have three tanks I can use. Two of them are the the old Uniflex tanks, but I have an adapter that will allow me to use the valve in the pic. I also have another taller one, I think it is 54" with a threaded hole...
  10. RockfordPI

Thanks for the info. Small change in plans, just bought a new carbon filter system, now what I would like to do is change my upflow acid neutralizer to a backwashing acid neutralizer (someone said I am getting channeling and lose effectiveness if I do not backwash) . I am guessing the...
  11. RockfordPI

I have an old McClean Valve (Circa 1998) I was using on a Carbon Filter to remove chlorine. It appears the linkage to the piston broke and it stuck in backwash mode. My question is, can I replace the backwashing valve on the left (1st pic) with the newer softener valve on the right? If so, do...
  12. RockfordPI

2 Pump System Design, will this work OK?

Yes, there is a CV at bottom of well so I am OK in the very short term. However, VM makes a good point, it could fail and potentially drain 3000 gallons back into the well. I always intended to fill from top, just have not had a chance to climb to the top and add another hole in the tank. I...
  13. RockfordPI

Thanks for the info. Actually I already have a pressure switch next to the bladder tank from previous setup, all I need to do is change my wiring to fix that issue. There is also another check valve at the bottom of the well, but your point is well taken. I will definitely move the fill line to...
  14. RockfordPI

I think what I have is very similar to your diagram, though I use the same inlet (with check valve) to both fill and draw from the storage tank (that was one of my concerns). I also don't have the pside kick, but my pump is only starting 16 times daily. Given that my well is producing 1/2...
  15. RockfordPI

I understand the general concept of head, but not "suction head". Can you help me understand that please. The centrifugal pump is a one HP Drummond sprinkler pump from harbor freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/1-HP-Portable-Sprinkler-Pump-1075-GPH-63320.html
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks