Recent content by Richfromny

1. Richfromny

Start box main overload trips under heavy use. Help please!

Okay- there is something I’m not understanding, and I want a thorough understanding of the entire system. Firstly, how do I get information about the “static water level” in my well, and how deep the casing is, etc? I’m not the original owner of this home. The control box in my basement has a...
  2. Richfromny

Start box main overload trips under heavy use. Help please!

I am at my wits end. My Gould’s 2hp 7gs20 is over 700 feet in the ground. We have a 64 gallon well x trol and a 40/60 pressure switch. In the summer only when we run the pool with it’s auto top off, at times the main overload in our start box trips. No water. Simple reset, and it can work fine...
  3. Richfromny

Pressure tank tee downsized?? is that common??

Thanks but my situation is exactly opposite. The tank opening is 1-1/4. My house plumbing is 1", as is the poly from the well. Someone came out of the tank (1-1/4) and used a reducing coupling down to 1" . Then the tee is 1". Does that change your assessment? By the way, thanks for your...
  4. Richfromny

There has to be someone out there that does these installs on a regular basis. Still didn’t get an answer either way.......is it common or in any way a problem that someone reduced the 1-1/4 outlet from my pressure tank down to 1” before the tank tee? It’s been working fine for years. Just...
  5. Richfromny

Really??? I was just replacing what was there. The poly comes into my basement, makes a 90, and goes into a check valve attached to the inlet of the tank tee. Im in NY.
  6. Richfromny

My submersible pump is over 700’ deep- anything I need to do differently?

Yes, its schedule 120 to the pump. I did a little research since i posted. I have a gould 7GS20 down there. Its 2hp and at 700' according to the specs, it does 5.2gpm@40 psi, and 4gpm@60psi. If this ever craps out, i would probably go with the 7GS30. That would give me an additional 2+ gpm. I...
  7. Richfromny

Thanks. No, im not looking to change the 1 inch in and out of the tee, just whether the downsized tee from the 1-1/4 tank was acceptable and if when i redo the tee, i go back to 1-1/4. Thanks
  8. Richfromny

My submersible pump is over 700’ deep- anything I need to do differently?

I figured I would ask the experts here. I replaced my pump with a Gould’s 2 hp a few years ago, and it was over 4K because of the labor. It took hours because my well is over 700 feet down. I believe I have 20’ threaded pvc drop pipe but of course my last pump crapped out during a torrential...
  9. Richfromny

Oops. What a dope I am. It’s the wx 251, 62 gallon, not the 201 I originally wrote. I did check the specs first, it’s 1.25. Sorry, I’m gonna change the initial post, but thanks for keeping me honest.
  10. Richfromny

Yes, the tee that is in place used the outer (larger) threads for the fittings, and those are still smaller than what I purchased. The tee I have does in fact have internal threads that are 1 inch, but that would still be down-sizing compared to the 1-1/4 on the tank. I could definitely make...
  11. Richfromny

I could use an expert's help. My Well-X-Trol (WX-251) is fine, but the drain on the tank tee is leaking, (and the packing nut is tightened all the way in). I was going to replace just the drain on the tank tee, but all of the plumbing is corroded, and I figured as long as I was going to drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks