Recent content by rflagler

1. rflagler

Water Softener Planning Questions

@Reach4 I contacted my water company and they confirmed they use ammonia later in the system to stabilize the chlorine resulting in chloramine. I don't know why I assumed the water report would list this information. Thank you for guiding me to ask. I've messaged dittohead and hopefully can get...
  2. rflagler

Yea, my plumbing is 3/4". I found no mention of chloromine or ammonia in any water reports or websites for my city water, so is it safe to assume at that point they're aren't using chloromine?
  3. rflagler

Thanks everyone for all the replies. There are no visible contaminates in our water, so I'm not too worried about that. It sounds like 10% crosslinked resin should last longer in general. Is using a chemical treatment on the resin recommended yearly no matter the iron content of the water...
  4. rflagler

After visiting my brother who recently moved to a home with a water softener, my wife expressed interest in the softness of her hair and skin after showering there. I've now begun the process of researching water softeners and could use a little advice. I'm dumping a lot of data here, but I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks