Recent content by Rafter

1. Rafter

Basement Plumbing Additions--Kitchenette and Laundry Venting

If I am interpreting the code correctly looks like I'm okay to vent the washer and the kitchen sink with AAVs. As for the drain lines I'm getting some conflicting interpretations. Some (not on this forum) have told me to leave it and wait for the inspector to check it then make the...
  2. Rafter

So, as soon as I go horizontal is that a branch drain? I need to tie into a 3 inch line from then on. Then to a 3 in wye to the 3 inch main? Am I interpreting that correctly? If I run a 3 inch branch line can I then tie the floor drain into it? Will it still need its own vent? From IPC
  3. Rafter

Thank you for your quick response. Do I need to separate them and run another tie in to the main line for the or can I just run another vent from the horizontal after the floor drain trap? Is that due to the volume of water from the washer? Theoretically, would it be okay if the situation...
  4. Rafter

Sorry, the vent stack in the pictures are not glued in they are just dry fit with short pipe I had. The one for the washing machine will be above the level of the washing machine drain stack.
  5. Rafter

Can I use AAV to vent both a kitchen sink and a laundry room? There are two vent stacks that penetrate the roof on my house. There is not a vent stack that comes down into the basement all are drain lines and soil stacks. Running a new vent stack is impractical as it would involve running up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks