Recent content by quartermilecamel

1. quartermilecamel

Installing delta 38 new shower and drain issues Ive had before. Proper way to install oatey shower no caulk drain

Ive seen the oatey shower drain no caulk and it shows the install with fibre and rubber gasket on bottom and using plumbers putty on top, yet I have had problems with it leaking in the past with the old shower drain pan. Plumbers putty is oil based and IM sure its not supposed to be used with...
  2. quartermilecamel

Installing new delta neo stainless steel shower. How perfectly plumb do the walls have to be. MOst of the bubble is centered in the level glass line

How much out of plumb is still acceptable for a new neo delta shower install? If out of plumb how does one even adjust for that?
  3. quartermilecamel

Hot water kitchen faucet valve squeaky from lack of grease. Cold water valve is fine only hot water valve constantly needs greased

I have to constantly grease my hotwater kitchen sink valve or it has that binding o ring squeaky sound where as the cold water doesnt need regreased. Im using ace hardware plumbers grease. Is there a special hot water grease?
  4. quartermilecamel

Water right sanitizer series softener needs resin replaced is it worth it and if so how

going to look. chlorine generator can onlly be plugged in one way. Lights are red and yellow. with old control board, the yellow light would be on dimly but on with occasional flickering. and the alarm would sound....now after regenerationwith the used control board, the alarm sound is...
  5. quartermilecamel

Water right sanitizer series softener needs resin replaced is it worth it and if so how

The YELLOW light with the red light indicates a failed chlorine regeneration signal and the unit is still in regeneration....from manual........ How is this even possable as the unit stops at the end of regeneration yet lights are yellow and red.
  6. quartermilecamel

got the control board installed. Now the regen lights work. after regen it has the yellow and red lights lit. Used to show a green light but now, just yellow and red. It does use salt so I dont even know how it knows somethings not right. Makes me think something failed and needs attention...
  7. quartermilecamel

so the next question is do I rebed itj with zeolite? or screw it and just go with hard water. new water softeners are 3 grand now??? would think I could rebed it myself but dont yet know that or if zeolite is available.
  8. quartermilecamel

so the next question is do I rebed itj with zeolite? or screw it and just go with hard water. new water softeners are 3 grand now??? would think I could rebed it myself but dont yet know that or if zeolite is available.
  9. quartermilecamel

I have the sanitizer series with chlorine generator and zeolite resin put in in 2008. waters not real soft anymore. Thinking about replacing the resin myself. Suggested cost of people to do it that are now Culligan and were water pro when I bought it said 500 bucks just to replace the resin...
  10. quartermilecamel

hot water sink on off knob is squeaky like the rubber o rings are dry yet cold no squeak

I dont think it said silicone grease. Just looked at tube and it says plumbers grease faucet and valve, waterproof. So I have no idea what to do.
  11. quartermilecamel

hot water sink on off knob is squeaky like the rubber o rings are dry yet cold no squeak

yes kitchen sink.......two separate 1/4 turn knobs. I thought instead of the 1 handle type for hot and cold that I would try the separate knob/valve style. The plus side is it has a sprayer and a tall 180 degree spigot sorta like the commercial ones, only the hot will only not rubber squeak...
  12. quartermilecamel

I keep on greasing the hot water valve but it doesnt last long yet the cold water knob doesnt do this. Is there a proper grease for this? I have well water and a water rite sanitizer series softener thats 12 years old. what can I do to get this valve to stop the rubbery squeak sound when the...
  13. quartermilecamel

New bladder tank or CSV valve with small tank and Grundfos sq200

No, all metal fittings used from csv to main house line. When I teflon taped oil pipe threads into my oil pump on my vw bus 1/4 size pipe, the teflon tape since I wasnt used to it, caused me to overtighten the pipes into the pump and crack it due to the lubricating properties of the tape...
  14. quartermilecamel

Well I was about to give it all another turn when I noticed the usuall water pipe condensation sweat. My tank is screwed into the bottom of the csv. So, with the water pipe being cold, it sweats, and drips on the tank. I need to make that tank is on top of everything to keep it from rusting...
  15. quartermilecamel

I thought about it. NOt sure if the sides of the valve will split or not. I'll try that tomorrow.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks