Recent content by personage

1. personage

connecting a wall-hung toilet to waste riser

Sounds good, thank you. The instructions do not call for an arrestor. I was just wondering what the best practice would be, considering there was a capped tube near the old supply valve. I'll just leave it and run the line up to the new tank. I am not installing a union, just a female adapter...
  2. personage

Ready to put in a new water supply line. Do I need a water hammer arrestor here? The existing supply had one, but it is now probably too far from the new inlet valve. Would you recommend that I install a T at the top of on the new vertical line and put a new arrestor there? Thank you for your help!
  3. personage

Ended up going with Kohler. I'll be making a custom 4 x 3 90 that threads into the 4" waste riser and use a 3" rubber no hub coupling to connect to the elbow that comes with the carrier. I have ordered K-18829-NA carrier, and the tank inlet valve uses G1/2 threads. It comes with a 1/2" NPT...
  4. personage

Just got the nipple. The ID is a hair under 4" (I am getting 3.999" / 101.57 mm measuring the inside from seam to seam).
  5. personage

Thank you. This sounds promising. Are there kits with more that 1" offset? The current drain center is at 4 3/4" AFF. I'll be happy with 9" or more. Ideal height would be around 11" AFF. The TOTO I am looking at has the drain center at 8 5/8" for 16"-high installation, which is the height of...
  6. personage

Thank you. Looks like these would allow me to mount a wall-mounted two piece toilet, but it is not clear that I would gain any space, as compared to my current floor mount. With the TOTO I looked at, the in-wall tank would make the toilet more compact overall, even if I move the wall out 4...
  7. personage

Already ordered :) I'd rather leave the existing toilet hooked up until we figure out whether doing a wall-mounted one is a viable option.
  8. personage

Thank you, this sounds promising. I will order a new nipple and will measure it, as I could not find the specs online. Here's a datasheet that has the part, but no ID sizing: https://www.etnasupply.com/ASSETS/DOCUMENTS/ITEMS/EN/Jay_R_Smith_76289-91-6_Data_Sheet.pdf I can move the wall out 4...
  9. personage

Thank you. The side drain on the left is from the bathroom sink. Pipes going above are drain for the toilet upstairs and a vent. The drain stack continues below. Is there a way to connect the 4" nipple to a 3x4 closet bend? Or would I need a different fitting to connect a closet bend to the...
  10. personage

Thank you. The current drain is centered at 4 3/4 above the floor, and I would need the new one at about 9".
  11. personage

Can you please explain why? I understand that there is no space inside the existing wall, but I can build it out and frame a new section so that the carrier is sitting in front of the existing plumbing.
  12. personage

Two more pictures to show the existing plumbing.
  13. personage

I have a follow up question from reading some related threads. Would moving the outlet hole up (e.g., by using a 90 to connect the elbow supplied with the carrier system to the existing waste pipe opening) be a no-no due the the existing vent connection being below the new flood-level rim? Or is...
  14. personage

I have a back outlet, floor mount toilet, and I would like to install a wall-hung toilet instead. The waste riser is cast iron with 4" threaded opening, and my current toilet is connected to it with this ABS nipple...
  15. personage

Soldering leaking copper cold water supply line in laundry room

Thank you, everyone. Great advice! All fixed. Ended up cutting the existing pipe to drain and replacing it with a new one. Was surprised how little water came out, only about about a gallon. Put paper towels underneath the seams and let the water run for a few minutes-- pipe is cold but all dry.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks