Recent content by PatrickTheDrummer

1. PatrickTheDrummer

Septic dosing tank alarm

I have new info. This alarm is for the dosing tank. The level is fairly low in the dosing tank - not over the top of the pump. The dosing pump is on a timer. When the time comes for the pump to run the water level is below the first float, so the pump doesn’t kick on. If I use a stick to lift...
  2. PatrickTheDrummer

Septic dosing tank alarm

I have a good size aerobic septic system for my house. Recently the dosing tank alarm started to alert for short periods, then stop. When I activate the “test pump” button, or if I activate the pump manually by adjusting the timer - the alarm alerts. So the alarm alerts when the pump is...
  3. PatrickTheDrummer

Strange issue after Texas storm

Yeah we’ve had several warm days in a row. Can’t still be frozen. I’m not sure it’s on at the house. The garage is divided in half - half is her storage and half is the house renters storage, so I only have access to her half. The property is very old and it may or may not have a shutoff for the...
  4. PatrickTheDrummer

Strange issue after Texas storm

We just had a heck of a time in Austin. City wide water issues on a disastrous level. My girlfriend lives in a garage apartment. It has a dedicated meter separate from the main house. Everyone was without water for about a week due to the winter storm. The main house and all the neighbors have...
  5. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

Update - my propane guy came out and looked at it. He said the tank could have possibly been overfilled, and I guess he was right. He bled the tank down just a little bit and problem solved.
  6. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

Dude are you psychic? The tank that always works is on the west side of the house and gets direct sun almost all day. The shifty tank is under trees and shade constantly.
  7. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

It’s been a couple years since I flushed it. I’m going to do that today. I’m pretty convinced this is the vaporization rate issue. Every night when the temperature drops the heater stops working.
  8. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

Terry - the incoming air seems to be just sucked through a grate on the front. There does not seem to be what i would picture as a filter, but a grate with a plate behind it that would capture any decent size debris other than small dust particles. It is clean and unobstructed. Pipe is 3/4"...
  9. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

Also, is there a way to dial back what this water heater calls for? It’s only running one shower. I bought two of them years ago because I got a killer deal, even though they are over sized for my application. If I could dial it back to a 75k heater maybe it would work better?
  10. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

Water heater model is IGE-199C-5X. I swapped the flame sensor from an identical working unit with no change in behavior. Bannerman you may very well be right about the smaller tank issue. It certainly seems to be temperature related, and if you are right its only going to get way worse with...
  11. PatrickTheDrummer

Tankless flame failure

I have a Bradford White 199,999 BTU propane tankless water on my house. It is the only gas appliance I have. It has worked for 7 years. Occasionally the water would go cold during a shower and I would have to turn the water off and back on to restart the heater. This may be a clue, but is not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks