Strange issue after Texas storm

Users who are viewing this thread

PatrickTheDrummer

Reaction score
We just had a heck of a time in Austin. City wide water issues on a disastrous level.

My girlfriend lives in a garage apartment. It has a dedicated meter separate from the main house. Everyone was without water for about a week due to the winter storm. The main house and all the neighbors have water restored, but she still has nothing. Not a drop. I looked today and the city’s valve at the street for her residence is in the on position, but the meter is dead still. There are no signs of an underground leak or leaks under the house. Any ideas?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Getting up to 79 on Tuesday I see. It's not likely it's still frozen I guess. Are you sure someone didn't turn the water off at the house?

PatrickTheDrummer

Reaction score
Getting up to 79 on Tuesday I see. It's not likely it's still frozen I guess. Are you sure someone didn't turn the water off at the house?
Yeah we’ve had several warm days in a row. Can’t still be frozen. I’m not sure it’s on at the house. The garage is divided in half - half is her storage and half is the house renters storage, so I only have access to her half. The property is very old and it may or may not have a shutoff for the garage apartment (surely it does somewhere). Nailing that down should definitely be step 1.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks