Recent content by nholt

1. nholt

Laundry room cleanout location question need help!

Thank you! That’s what I wanted to do since it would be easy and solve space issues. I just thought the cleanout had to be on the vertical portion, even though my vertical section is small, of the “stack”. I’m in the Houston TX area so I’ll have to see if I can get by with it on the horizontal...
  2. nholt

Yea I should’ve just hired a pro. I’m not quite sure I understand your last reply. But now that I’m this far I wanna keep going. Also I’m going to alter the back of the cabinet to accommodate everything. No biggie.
  3. nholt

Under the window is going to be the utility sink. Not the plastic kind but one that’s more like a bathroom vanity.
  4. nholt

This should work right? Everything in this photo isn’t glued yet so I can make adjustments to add a 3” cleanout thank goodness.
  5. nholt

Thank you for all the replies and help. That was my original plan but I read that the sink vent if done that way had to be minimum 6 inches above the sink rim. It was not going to meet that requirement since the countertop and sink were going to be right below the window. That is why I changed...
  6. nholt

I think I might have enough room to squeeze in a cleanout at the bottom of the stack if I trim down the main stack a bit. That a 3inch to 2 inch reducer. (I think that’s what it’s called) by the way.
  7. nholt

thank you! I guess I’m adding a cleanout at the base like you said. However I’ve already “glued” the part circled in yellow in my photo. So could I install the cleanout on the horizontal right before it goes down? I circled the area in green on my photo.
  8. nholt

Thank you for the reply. Here is some additional background: The laundry room is a new addition and the drain goes down and out and connects to the sewer in the backyard and it has the appropriate sized cleanout in the yard, it doesn’t tie into the main stack of the house. I’ve seen small...
  9. nholt

I’m doing my new laundry room plumbing I have a utility sink and to left of it is a washing machine. I have part of the plumbing done. See photo. The lines on the photo are not to scale, Do I need a cleanout or two cleanouts and where? Does the main drain at the bottom need one and or the sink...
  10. nholt

Help with laundry room plumbing diagram will this work?

Thank you for the reply. One more question, where the bottom white 2 inch drain line in the mockup picture goes from horizontal down to the vertical drain down does that have to be a "long sweep" 90 elbow or will what I have work? See pictures. On a side note, that main drain will be concealed...
  11. nholt

Where the orange line and white line connect to the horizontal line they can’t be sanitary tees correct? Also one last question, do I need a clean out and where should it be?
  12. nholt

Thank you thank you for the reply! I think that is my solution. The orange line in your mock-up would still keep everything below the countertop hidden away. was just having trouble “thinking outside the box”.
  13. nholt

Thank you for the reply. What would be a solution? Just use an aav for the sink?
  14. nholt

I'm the Houston Texas area and we added a laundry room to the back of the house. It has a separate drain that connects to the sewer line in the yard and therefore it doesn't connect to the main drain/waste/vent stack in the house. I was reading that the sink vent has to be a minimum of 6 inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks