Recent content by Nhandojo

1. Nhandojo

Rinnai I-series tankless combi intermittent E430

Exactly, see section 14.2, and I quote:
  2. Nhandojo

Thanks for telling me this is a common problem. This tells me the sensor is flawed. They should've picked a sensor body with different material, one that doesn't react with dissolved minerals in water. If I crack open my boiler again I'll make a video. Another important point I wanted to make...
  3. Nhandojo

@jbrown29 Here's the relevant part from the exploded parts dwg. Remove clip 454 (the horizontal one) and 506. This should allow you to pull 419 away. Then you can unscrew 413.
  4. Nhandojo

Disconnect the sensor wiring to avoid ripping it accidentally. Isolate the boiler then drain water from the boiler before you undo any of these clips so you won't get sprayed (and the tension relief makes it easier to undo the clips). You need to remove that section of piping from above the...
  5. Nhandojo

To be clear, problem was solved. Pressure sensor was dirty, the transducer hole was caked with what I presume is dissolved minerals. Purchased a new sensor and the problem went away. I then thoroughly cleaned the old sensor, and tried to identify the pressure transducer part so if this happens...
  6. Nhandojo

Well my luck ran out (or came in, depending on your perspective). The water heater started acting up a few weeks ago, and rinsing the sensor with tap water only make the problem go away for a week or so. So I purchased a new sensor (out of pocket, don't have time to spend to convince Rinnai)...
  7. Nhandojo

As much as I don't trust the contractor that installed this system (and I did find mistakes in how they wire the boiler to my existing air handler/thermostat), I think they actually did plumb the CH side correctly. Due to the limited space, the piping is a bit convoluted, and hard to follow from...
  8. Nhandojo

Yes, I have the manual and am well aware of the steps the outlined there. The original installer agreed to come over on Tuesday and have a look, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this then.
  9. Nhandojo

Thanks for the insight, fitter30. I did check the expansion tank, and it is not waterlogged, though I haven't check its bladder precharge pressure with the tank isolated yet. Need to get a hose to be able to drain the tank without spraying water all over the place. I suppose the only other...
  10. Nhandojo

Hello, I have a fairly new (~8 months old) Rinnai that just recently started throwing E430 (low/high water pressure error). This happens intermittently when there's a demand for DHW or CH. It can be reset and the unit would work again for a few hours and then would error out again when there's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks