Recent content by Neil64

1. Neil64

Pre Filter Crud

Hi All, I have a Atlas Hydra 90 micron backwashing pre filter. https://us.atlasfiltri.com/product/hydra-self-cleaning-stainless-steel-90m-cartridge-1-npt I was backwashing once a week or two into a bucket for years but when our well started having issues and we were forced to backwash after...
  2. Neil64

Filters Clogging Up - Drought or Iron, Redevelop Well?

Long overdue update: After using the above sanitizing procedure with no change, had the well successfully redeveloped although they got a little black sand and gray clay out. Fingers crossed. Also determined that 21 year old well pump's check valve was bad and had that replaced. After...
  3. Neil64

What do you do with water after shocking a well?

I run it on my long asphalt driveway to give the chlorine time to dissipate/evaporate so if wildlife drinks from a puddle they should be ok. My driveway is now heavily stained from the raw water/iron and mineral content. Glad I didn't seal the driveway at the beginning of the summer like I...
  4. Neil64

Hi, The first pic was the sample taken from the pressure tank with the spigot cracked on 8/22. The second pic is it 2 days later. We are still getting crude in our Atlas Hydra 90 micron after well pump kicks on, We received some rain last week and thought the clogging was getting a little...
  5. Neil64

The dish is actually a bucket and the slime floating in the water was on the bottom of my 4x20 pleated filter. This stuff is like grease and not easily removed. The mud colored stuff on the spin down filter cartridge (yellow) is not really a gel, just a thick coating of whatever and not...
  6. Neil64

Hello All, I have some knowledge of water treatment but not as much as most of you, and what knowledge I have gained is from the 6 years of managing this system, from this forum and consulting Dittohead. 6 year old System: Output to input: Softener (Fleck 5810 SXT 1.5 cu ft. 10x54)...
  7. Neil64

Katalox Light Help Needed

Hi Reach, You've brought up concerns that I never thought about. When scaling for this system back in 2017, I checked gpm at the pressure tank, before any other filtration and If memory serves me correctly, we got very close to 10 GPM. Now that we've added an Altas Hydra 90 micron spin down...
  8. Neil64

Katalox Light Help Needed

Hello All, I have some knowledge of water treatment but not as much as most of you, and what knowledge I have gained is from the 6 years of managing this system, from this forum and consulting Dittohead. 6 year old System: Output to input: Softener (Fleck 5810 SXT 1.5 cu ft. 10x54)...
  9. Neil64

Water Testing Labs

Hello All, What water testing labs are you guys using nowadays to test your well water? Has anyone used SimpleWater, TapScore? https://mytapscore.com/collections TapScore seems to be the cheapest and includes shipping in both directions. I'd prefer to use a local lab here in Maryland but...
  10. Neil64

Water Treatment Questions and Issues

Thanks all for your help and advice.
  11. Neil64

The UV is last (last piece of equipment before faucets) or downstream of softener -> KL ->Neutralizer. My understanding is KL filters down to 3 microns so unless softener is seriously increasing mineral size, wouldn't UV light be OK? . Sediment filters were installed to protect water...
  12. Neil64

What micron level do you folks typically recommend to protect water treatment valves - neutralizer, KL, softener, UV from sediment and other nasties? Currently using a 90 micron Atlas Hydra spin down followed by a 4x20 Big Blue with a 20 micron non- cellulose filter. Any reason to filter below...
  13. Neil64

My well is 237'. Very, very infrequent H2S small since water treatment system was installed.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks