Recent content by Mr tee

1. Mr tee

how to minimize p trap under utility sink

Don't use the snappy crap, it is not sanitary and probably not legal. Either get the shortest basket you can, do as Tuttle advises or get a smaller cat.
  2. Mr tee

Terry Love- cancer update

My thoughts are with you all.
  3. Mr tee

Help with refrigerator waterline, and HVAC duct

If you go over the top insulate only above it to trap the heat from the room below.
  4. Mr tee

Composite Vs. Stainless Over mount Sink

Get an 18ga SS sink with a brushed finish and you will be fine. Get the other if you like it better.
  5. Mr tee

Washer Standpipe and Trap height

I'd put it at 12" and use a 30" standpipe.
  6. Mr tee

Compression stem for bathroom faucet

If there isn't a screw on the bottom, just a hole (I can't tell in picture) it may be a Price Pfister Hydroseal.
  7. Mr tee

Is this a "compression" inlet valve?

It is compression. Doesn't need to be flared and you can probably reuse the old nut and sleeve.
  8. Mr tee

Dry fitting Cellular Core ABS

No dry fit, the pipe will push in farther with cement on it.
  9. Mr tee

Replace valves or Packing washers? Laundry room valves.

Some replacement packing washers come with a diagonal slit. Teflon or graphite string packing added to what you have will probably work. Back in the day at our high service plumbing store If folks brought in a stem & bonnet I would find a square cut cloth & rubber that fit tight on the stem and...
  10. Mr tee

90 degree double sanitary tee (schedule 40)

Reach has asked the critical question.
  11. Mr tee

Sewer gas smell from cold water tap

If it is just the lavatories and the faucets are connected with plastic or braided stainless steel (over plastic) flex connectors they could be the problem.
  12. Mr tee

Gate valve leak

At the handle end, above the threads, is a piece that pulls out. The packing goes under that.
  13. Mr tee

Toilet and shower drain sharing a vent - Shower downstream

I don't think an ABS 1/5 bend exists but a 1/6 bend in a rolled wye would point off at 90 degrees. I am not sure that California allows AAVs.
  14. Mr tee

Pedestal sink - drain connection exposed, escutcheon not deep enough - any ideas?

Just paint it to match the wall - anyone crawling around down there deserves to find something.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks