Recent content by Mr. Mud Maker

1. Mr. Mud Maker

Sand, plastic, and so much more! 1st year new well

y'all are great. I checked out the lakos and the version that goes in well won't work with our water table (it requires specific footage of screen and water on top and below that our well can't provide.). I'll do some math and figure out the most cost effective way forward. thank you all.
  2. Mr. Mud Maker

according to the well driller, around Central Kansas the normal portion of the well casing that is mill screen is 20ft. since ours was unknown water table (we are in an area with no other wells) and they were drilling on an emergency basis (we had no running water for a month-ish) they went with...
  3. Mr. Mud Maker

thank you for the suggestions I'm a fan of the alternative you proposed with the csv1A, the storage tank idea I had thought about and am open to but would prefer not to do that unless nothing else works. as for developing the well, when it was dug in Sept 2021 I pumped it as much as the water...
  4. Mr. Mud Maker

I'm back again with more questions about the wonderful world of wells! first, thank you to Mr Austin for standing by your CSV, and thank you (I think it was) Reach, for the filtration advice. now to the reason for posting again! I apologize for the long post but local plumbers and well folks...
  5. Mr. Mud Maker

2017 electric water heater, Worth Repairing?

Very helpful answer! I took a chance and worked at it. Got both elements changed out.... The tank inside is disgusting. A mix of calcium and black sludge. The elements inside didn't look bad at all all considered but now there are no ones in so we shall see I tried flushing for at least 30...
  6. Mr. Mud Maker

Top element looks fine and shouldn't be a problem to pull out and replace. However the bottom one looks horrible (pictured below). Dare I attempt to remove it or would that be a large risk factor for a huge leak if it breaks off from the corrosion? (I can tell they've replaced at least the...
  7. Mr. Mud Maker

I unfortunately wasn't raised to do things like common repairs so I had no idea it was that easy. I please generational ignorance. Headed to the store to get the kit and do it myself! If I totally Bork it then I'll get a new one. Lol. Thanks for the help everyone!
  8. Mr. Mud Maker

So if I'm understanding correctly it would be worth spending under a hundred to replace the heating elements. Reach mentioned srb and smells. I just sanitized the well less than a month ago so that shouldn't be a problem if I get a new one right? Last question and many thanks. Are all new...
  9. Mr. Mud Maker

I have a Bradford White 40 gallon electric. It is not producing as much hot water as it has since we moved into the house 6 months ago (can take one long shower then it runs out). It was manufactured in 2017. The reason I am asking if I should repair or replace is: The previous owners did ZERO...
  10. Mr. Mud Maker

New Weird Sediment...Ideas?

Thank you. I contacted the place that sells that combo (aquascience) and their technicians swore up and down that the fleck 5600sxt supports up to 15 gpm. They are sending me at no cost the tool to remove that little part since I couldn't get it with a screwdriver and a washer for 8gpm. Once I...
  11. Mr. Mud Maker

Hopefully this will be my last post asking what in the heck I'm doing wrong! I've finally managed to get the well running mostly clear. I hooked up my KL unit today and attempted a backwash cycle (60 minutes per the manufacturer for the first time)... Everything seemed to be working but...
  12. Mr. Mud Maker

That explained it well. Thank you for the time and effort to help me out. Means a lot!
  13. Mr. Mud Maker

I didn't even think about the stuff that was backwashed out. Currently the softener and the filters will be going into my sump in the basement which is lifted via a 3" pipe directly to the sewer line which then runs 150' to our sewer lagoon...hmmm
  14. Mr. Mud Maker

My KL is 10x54 with 1.5 cubic feet of media and 1 sleeve of gravel underneath it. I may have improperly read flow rate required for cleaning it from their brochures. I haven't measured water temp but it is "uncomfortably cold", comparable to water that would come out of a cold water dispenser...
  15. Mr. Mud Maker

Update on the well situation: I have been pumping it as much as I can and the yield has gone up slightly to around 8.9-9.9 gpm. However, it was as cloudy/sandy as ever and is not clearing up at all, actually had gotten darker and was pulling more dark brown to black fine particles...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks