Recent content by Mr. Grieves

1. Mr. Grieves

Toilet flange broken AND sitting below tile

Once I decided to go for it the install was pretty straightforward. I decided to secure the device through the tabs into the surrounding tile. That way if I have to remove it at some point and try something else I can just take it off and my flange will be back in the same condition as I...
  2. Mr. Grieves

I think I am going to go with the hydroseat. I will use a few brass washers as shims under a few of the feet to level it out and hopefully improve the seal between gasket and toilet horn.
  3. Mr. Grieves

The keyways on both sides are broken and buckled upwards. I could get bolts in but would not trust them to hold.
  4. Mr. Grieves

Ah, then that looks like a good product, but I would still have to repair the existing flange first before I could use it.
  5. Mr. Grieves

Dry-fit went ok, there is a bit of wobble but a shim or two should fix. Problem is that because of the uneven tile floor I am not confident that I am getting a solid seal between the toilet and gasket of the hydroseat.
  6. Mr. Grieves

I came back to ask about this very product! I happened to pick one up because I could not find a flat flange repair ring anywhere. Here is what it looks like sitting in place for me. I have two concerns about this though: 1) The significant gap between the top of the flange and the bottom of...
  7. Mr. Grieves

That is a great write up but my flange is not cast iron and it is broken so I don't think this will work for me.
  8. Mr. Grieves

Ok, will avoid the spacer. What about the Fluidmaster "Better than Wax" toilet seal? Would that be an option in my case? It looks like the rubber gasket that comes with it would effectively bring the flange up to floor level for me.
  9. Mr. Grieves

Forgot to mention that the flange is embedded into the concrete floor, in case that makes a difference. Ok, I was thinking that repair ring and a thick wax ring might do the trick but worried it was still too deep. Is it possible to secure a repair ring on top of the flange with tapcons and...
  10. Mr. Grieves

I have found several threads discussing how to deal with a broken flange and others describing how to raise a flange to be flush with the finished floor but not both problems at the same time. The basement toilet in my home would occasionally leak when flushed so I finally decided to replace it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks