Recent content by Mr B

1. Mr B

Water softener, Sulfur Smell

We have been in our house since 1998 and in 2000 I had to replace my WH and I had the same trouble with the stinky hot water. That's when a friend told me of this fix. Drain the water heater and remove the ionizing rod, cut the rod off and reused the end piece for a plug. I refilled my WH and...
  2. Mr B

Pump cycles on at 10-psi (new here)

Ok I got it in and so far all is "well." I'm going to try and attach a picture of the old switch that I took apart. It's what happens when they use that old galvanized pipe. I guess my next project down the line will be to switch the pipe to copper. Thanks again for all the great feedback. Dale
  3. Mr B

I bought a new pressure switch and the wiring diagram is opposite to my original switch. Mine has the pump wired to the two outside terminal and the power to the two inside terminals. Should I go by the new diagram and wire the pump to the inside and power to the two outside terminals? Thanks
  4. Mr B

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to buy the part tonight and install it on Sunday. I'll report back on the fix. I was just looking at the wiring (4-wires) on the switch and there doesn't seem to be a green ground wire, that's weird. Unless it is hidden underneath the contacts.
  5. Mr B

I checked and they don't click closed until it reaches 10 psi and the system does hold pressure when not in use. I was looking online and the big box store has 2 Square D's Model# FSG2J21BP and Model# FSG2J21CP both are 30/50 psi but I do not see the difference in the two except for the...
  6. Mr B

Thanks valveman, I did double check it with a dial gauge and a digital gauge and both read 19. The pressure switch is a very old square D with a metal cap and was in the house/basement since I bought it 23 years ago, for all I know it could be original. I had to use some solvent to get the 20/40...
  7. Mr B

Maybe I'll do a 30/50 just to be on the safe side. My pipes are 60 years old.
  8. Mr B

Thanks for the input LLigetfa. Sounds like I'll have a weekend project. Should I upgrade to a 40-60 psi?
  9. Mr B

I forgot to mention that it is a submersible pump down 280 feet. The cut out setting (40-psi) is fine it's just the cut in that can't be adjusted...from what I have been reading anyhow. I just not sure if the 30 psi differential is a bad thing. I hate to change the pressure switch if it is...
  10. Mr B

I have an older pumptrol 20/40 pressure switch and a well-x-trol model wx 250 pressure tank. Every thing is working fine as far as water pressure, bath, toilet, sinks, etc but I was looking at the pressure gauge the other day and I notice that my tank will pump up to 40 psi and cycle off but it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks