Recent content by MikeKinTX

1. MikeKinTX

Cleanest way to bring PEX out of drywall for filter install?

Interesting. I would not have guessed there would be enough UV at that point to even think twice about it. Guess you learn something new every day!
  2. MikeKinTX

First, I plan on using insulation on anything exposed from the wall just in case (even the freeze we had here in TX where we lost power this year for several days only got the garage to 37 degrees, but why chance it). That should eliminate the worry. That said, out of curiosity more than...
  3. MikeKinTX

The area the filter will be mounted is on the back wall of a tandem garage, so it is about 40' back from the garage door, so I'm not real worried on UV exposure. (Not enough depth to mount in the wall, but now you have me thinking about framing something out to cover it...) The PEX feed into...
  4. MikeKinTX

Thanks. Definitely adding a bypass in as well. As far as an ice maker or washer box, I was thinking of removing the fitting and basically just using the existing hole where the fitting was to pass through to come out of the wall cavity (might have to enlarge to fit the 1" pex but nothing a step...
  5. MikeKinTX

Filter system will be mounted on the wall in the garage. (No worries of freezing in garage). Since the feed I have to splice into is inside the drywall though, I'm looking for a clean way to bring it to the outside of the drywall for connection to the filter system. don't want to just cut a big...
  6. MikeKinTX

Hi all, New to the forum, but have spent some time digging through. I am going to install a whole home water filter setup in my home. It is a fairly new home (about 4 years old with PEX throughput). I have a PEX manifold in the garage being fed from the bottom (Viega if it is of any concern)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks