Recent content by mike_luff

1. mike_luff

Do I have a leak in the water line from the well to the house?

I guess I'll call in a professional to have a looksee. Thanks.
  2. mike_luff

Well, I shut off the main water valve and monitored the pressure gauge. It never budged. So I figured I'd run the water until the pump kicked in just to make sure I was reading it properly. PROBLEM...the pump kicked in, but the pressure gauge still didn't move! The electrical component must...
  3. mike_luff

Ah...of course! Thanks. I'll do that right away and will let you know what I find. Thanks for the incredibly quick response!
  4. mike_luff

I was replacing the supports for my front steps today and was digging new holes for the posts. After digging about 2 1/2 feet deep I notice water starting to fill in the hole. It seemed to ooze from the direction where my well is located. I know I didn't cause a break by digging because I was...
  5. mike_luff

Why do I have two water tanks?

You were dead on! You guys were dead on in diagnosing my low water flow problem. Check out the picture of a piece of piping that was removed from the line between my tank and filter. I now have a new water treatment system that does not use an air injector or second tank. It is a Greensand...
  6. mike_luff

Thanks Gary. I think your diagnosis seems spot on. It makes total sense to me now. I guess I will have to have someone come in and do things right. Thanks again for the insights! Mike
  7. mike_luff

I guess I'll have to get someone in to size it all up. Thanks to everyone for their help. I certianly learned a lot from this forum. If anyone else has anything to add to Bob's comments, please post them. Thanks again. Mike
  8. mike_luff

So, that being said, I'm a little confused as to why my water flow has gradually slowed. It was fine 6 months ago, but steadily slowed. Is there an explanation for this? Should I remove this device...but at what cost to the water filter? Does anyone have a solution to solve my problem with...
  9. mike_luff

I have no idea what the grey gadget is. But here is a picture... There are degree markings around the edge. Starting at the 3 o'clock mark says CLOSED, then moving clockwise it reads, 75,60,45,30,15,OPEN,15,30,45,60,75,CLOSED. It currently is pointing to 60 degree mark. Bob - are you...
  10. mike_luff

Here is a picture my water filtering system and where my water line gets routed to the rest of the house. Here is a link to the water filter from Culligan... http://culligan.ca/residential/wholehome/model/Medallist
  11. mike_luff

Sorry for the lack of details in the last post. Here is some finer details... When I turn water on at any faucet in the house it seems to flow at a normal flow (I think i may been using the term pressure incorrectly). When I leave the water running the flow slows to a low rate - a trickle...
  12. mike_luff

I tried the bypass but there was no improvement in the water pressure. When I turned on a faucet it was normal and then faded again as usual. I guess it is a clog, right? There is one faucet (it is outside) that is connected to the water line before the water filter system; the pressure...
  13. mike_luff

I drained the system and everything seems to be properly functioning with both tanks. After I turned the pump back on and everything had filled up again, I turned water on at a faucet that is closest to the tanks (is a water faucet for the outside that is connected before my water...
  14. mike_luff

I don't know much about the pump other than it is a submersible. The interesting thing is that the tank that the pressure gauge is connected to seems to be working just fine. Pump kicks in a 30 PSI and cuts out at 50 PSI. I do not lose pressure when water is not in use nor does it short...
  15. mike_luff

Hi Bob, I lose water pressure if I turn water on in more than one place at a time. As for the second tank, it is not painted but looks liek the tanks in this link...http://www.wellmate.com/products_trad.htm
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks